Vogue Arabia November 2020 : Lily Collins by Thomas Whiteside

Odd choice for Vogue Arabia for a cover star, kind of an average shoot, pretty boring as far as first impressions go.

Really random... I guess they really like Emily in paris in the Middle East?

Also her arm behind the masthead is strange...

^That's a really strong cover! I like.

The second cover is stunning and glamorous, while the first one leaves much to be desired

A little on the boring side, but I must admit, I didn’t expect her to photograph so well. I was expecting another Alicia Vikander out outcome from this. In other words, my exceedingly low expectations have led to me being pleasantly surprised.

First cover is meh but that second cover is gorgeous!

Looks like Emily took a little detour... I also agree that the second cover is just stunning! Fairly simple, but beautiful. In this day and age, even that should be applauded. Must admit I also like the first cover - it's not much, but she's very pretty.

Love them both but the first one is more Harper's Bazaar to me. I LOVE Emily in Paris and as a french person I laughed a lot watching the show ahahah.

I'll take the second cover, it is very gorgeous indeed.

A little on the boring side, but I must admit, I didn’t expect her to photograph so well. I was expecting another Alicia Vikander out outcome from this. In other words, my exceedingly low expectations have led to me being pleasantly surprised.

I've always thought Lily photographed rather well but totally get the Alicia Vikander comparison. From what I've seen though at least Lily seems to have a genuine love of fashion, while Alicia always just looks forced to wear LV looks

Stunning covers I love the colour in the first and composition in the second one. She has always photographed well

Really random... I guess they really like Emily in paris in the Middle East?

:lol::lol::lol:

Echo everyone's sentiments, this is really random. The second cover is really stunning, so much glamour. But at the same time it's very similar to Emilia's Vogue Spain cover, the link being Thomas Whiteside.

euIlFrpH_t.jpg

Vogue Spain Digital Edition

Lily is like... You know some of those people, who are absolutely gorgeous and captivating on film/video and candid pictures, but in this specific setting of high fashion where modelling is required she doesn't really work? It is like the models that try to be actresses and it just doesn't work, even though they are amazing models.

The second cover is divine! The first one looks fine to me but the second cover devours its existence. Lols.

I don’t like the shiny (rubber? leather?) gloves in the second cover.

I like the second one. I don’t know why but I get the feeling that she seems to be marketed as the next Anne Hathaway. Her prevalence during this Emily in Paris era reminds me of Hathaway’s 2006-2010’s run. She’s a poor woman’s version of her though. Or maybe it’s just the whole “brunette ingenue” shtick that gives off such vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->