Vogue Arabia September 2022 : Sharon Stone by Amine Jreissati

I like the first cover!

Stunning especially the first and I also agree with the text, fashion is for us to dream not to be lectured.

Sharon can do it all! She's just so versatile and willing to be portrayed in different ways unlike a certain 'Madam' who desperately clamours to all things youth and now.

Granted she looks like Natasha Poly's mum or older sister here, I like the glamour. Wanted to say it's a bit odd to see such festive gloss for September but then this is for the UAE edition where such a lifestyle can be maintained at any stage.

Both covers are gorgeous.:heart:
Why can't people just leave it at that, without feeling the need to shade Madonna,
who isn't clamoring for anything, and is living her life by her rules, and portraying herself how she chooses?
The reflexive need to drag her, is so transparent, but inevitable when one lacks self awareness.:ermm:

Also, Sharon and Madonna are both fierce, intelligent, interesting, and independent women. Love them both.

This reminds me a lot of a Vogue Paris cover story with Gigi by Testino.

I was instantly reminded of Julianne Moore's Vogue Paris cover from May 2008 by Mario Testino, upon looking at the first cover! The colouring is identical with that shade of blue, which is just gorgeous. A nice surprise to see Sharon Stone, love both covers and the ultra high glamour! :heart:

Fabulous cover. She looks great…
This makes me wonder why Sharon Stone has not been on the cover of VP again. French people actually loves her and she is still the incarnation of Glamour…

Vogue Arabia continues to offer unabashed opulence and I love them for that

Just wow...amazing Sharon...great covers

I prefer the second cover and even if they both look good.

for some reason I feel like the execution could’ve been stronger but regardless, yes to Sharon, always.

Very OG YSL Opium sensibility. Such a mood. Of course it’s nothing new, just refreshing in these less than inspired fashion times.

This ought to have been Arabia’s direction coming after the gorgeous Gigi cover debut. Unapologetically glamorous, undeniably decadent, and untouchably exclusive. It should always had been the brand of a fevered dream. Irresistibly classic, old-money gorgeous and absolutely unlike anything that’s polluting Vogues covers these days. A model would have made this perfect, but beggars can’t be choosers in these fashion-famine days.

(Too bad the next issue will be back to outlet basics shot with flat lighting and pandering to American standards.)

Both covers are gorgeous.:heart:
Why can't people just leave it at that, without feeling the need to shade Madonna,
who isn't clamoring for anything, and is living her life by her rules, and portraying herself how she chooses?
The reflexive need to drag her, is so transparent, but inevitable when one lacks self awareness.:ermm:

Also, Sharon and Madonna are both fierce, intelligent, interesting, and independent women. Love them both.

Except she’s not just living her live privately. She’s putting herself out there— on the cover of a magazine: Pining, clawing, and desperately parroting, mimicking, seeking the attention and approval of people in their 20s for relevance. From surrounding herself with young trendy party people, to dressing like a Bratz Doll, to making music that her youngest daughters listen to, to having retouched herself into someone so unrecognizable from the woman I adored growing up. Act your age— not your shoe size, comes to mind. And again and again, the hypocrisy of supposedly defying ageism by portraying herself as this hilariously, OTT-retouched version of herself as a teenager, always surrounded by young people LOL Who’s the ageist now…???

You know, I’ve been discovering these amazing unedited interviews of hers from around 1985 to early-2000s, and she was ultimately so fascinating and also so self-aware, and not afraid to sound older than she was. Whereas nowadays, she’s mimicking and desperately following children’s attitude on SM. I’ve grown up on her and am no longer a kid, and one would think that she would also have evolved, progressed and developed into the mature woman while remaining young at heart, who’s had all the privileged experiences in the world that being at her position would afford. Instead, she's this heavily retouched, cosmetically-mutated Bratz Doll and caricature of a common 15yo on SM. How is embodying that Steve Buscemi meme admirable, inspiring, aspiring to anyone— child or adult???

Last edited:
Both covers are amazing & Sharon still had the "femme fatale" attitude in magazines.

Very OG YSL Opium sensibility. Such a mood. Of course it’s nothing new, just refreshing in these less than inspired fashion times.

This ought to have been Arabia’s direction coming after the gorgeous Gigi cover debut. Unapologetically glamorous, undeniably decadent, and untouchably exclusive. It should always had been the brand of a fevered dream. Irresistibly classic, old-money gorgeous and absolutely unlike anything that’s polluting Vogues covers these days. A model would have made this perfect, but beggars can’t be choosers in these fashion-famine days.

(Too bad the next issue will be back to outlet basics shot with flat lighting and pandering to American standards.)

Except she’s not just living her live privately. She’s putting herself out there— on the cover of a magazine: Pining, clawing, and desperately parroting, mimicking, seeking the attention and approval of people in their 20s for relevance. From surrounding herself with young trendy party people, to dressing like a Bratz Doll, to making music that her youngest daughters listen to, to having retouched herself into someone so unrecognizable from the woman I adored growing up. Act your age— not your shoe size, comes to mind. And again and again, the hypocrisy of supposedly defying ageism by portraying herself as this hilariously, OTT-retouched version of herself as a teenager, always surrounded by young people LOL Who’s the ageist now…???

You know, I’ve been discovering these amazing unedited interviews of hers from around 1985 to early-2000s, and she was ultimately so fascinating and also so self-aware, and not afraid to sound older than she was. Whereas nowadays, she’s mimicking and desperately following children’s attitude on SM. I’ve grown up on her and am no longer a kid, and one would think that she would also have evolved, progressed and developed into the mature woman while remaining young at heart, who’s had all the privileged experiences in the world that being at her position would afford. Instead, she's this heavily retouched, cosmetically-mutated Bratz Doll and caricature of a common 15yo on SM. How is embodying that Steve Buscemi meme admirable, inspiring, aspiring to anyone— child or adult???

You have a point there, or even more than one but i think the music business do something to your mental health specially for women after all these years and with an impressive career, if she doesn't change the chip in her head that she need to be relevant and in that order she need to act the way she is acting now, she will continue with this behavior.

Saying that, maybe we are assuming the way her career needs to "evolve" and she just wanted to have fun after all these years proving herself to the world, her contribution is intact, nobody did the things she did and express herself the way she did but maybe in her head she just want to enjoy all her missing childhood,etc...

There is a lot of maybe's but in the end it's her life and not ours and she doesn't have to fulfill our expectations anymore.

I don't know, I feel empty looking at them. She's just ''there'' in glam, but I don't recognized her so much and it feels too forced or something. I don't know, I don't see the beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->