Vogue Australia December 2020 : Awkwafina by Charles Dennington

Does conde nast fire all the grapic/editorial designers and now make their cover in microsoft word?

Vogue Australia December 2020

Her Name is Nora

Photographer: Charles Dennington
Stylist: Philippa Moroney
Hair: Sophie Roberts
Makeup: Gillian Campbell
Cast: Awkwafina

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Vogue Australia December 2020

Vogue Viewpoint: Good Times Roll

Photographer: Hannah Scott-Stevenson
Stylist: Jessica Dos Remedios
Hair: Daren Borthwick
Makeup: Peter Beard
Cast: Varsha Kumar, Tess Angel

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Vogue Australia's overcompensation of MOC is hilariously desperate to be accepted by the twitter mob LOL

God— the photography and styling is so obnoxious: It’s as if tweens are dressing their mums as clowns. Poor Awkwafina— is she ever styled to resemble an adult woman???

Thanks as usual Benn for the effort in posting so I don't have to waste time downloading this nonsense.

Fun fact? I prepped the posts in the thread as 'January 2021' without looking at the date stamp on the cover. The low page count and neutral mood of the content alone led me to believe that it had to be a January issue, but alas.
Who would look at these three edits and think 'December, festive, holidays'. Especially for a country like Australia who probably has such great weather at the moment.

Alek's edit is amazing, she may as well have gotten the cover as well really.

Thanks for the uploads Benn!

What in the world are these... Glamour Russia at best

Fun fact? I prepped the posts in the thread as 'January 2021' without looking at the date stamp on the cover. The low page count and neutral mood of the content alone led me to believe that it had to be a January issue, but alas.
Who would look at these three edits and think 'December, festive, holidays'. Especially for a country like Australia who probably has such great weather at the moment.

Alek's edit is amazing, she may as well have gotten the cover as well really.

Taste is so personal Benn, but I’m interested to know why you find the Alek shoot so amazing? She cuts a very razor-sharp silhouette with her unreal lean and mean form, but she also needs to be styled/directed/photographed by a team that understands she can’t be shot as one would shoot a conventional beauty like Gisele-- or looking like some Instakid. The shoot is a directionless mess and she’s engulfed by fabric that’s hiding her unreal leanness— with one unintentionally hilarious shot that looks like she fell down and can’t get up… It’s such a unpleasant mess to look at— and they have the witless nerve to call it “Flow Motion” when there’s not a whiff of grace or movement LOL (For masters of motion, just peek into the Vintage Magazine section and gaze upon the mastery of Avedon/Meisel/Testino.)

But what does one expect from such a witless team that's showcasing layers of fabric suffocating women dressed as tweens in every story in a season where it should be lightless and sun for their readers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->