Vogue Australia November 2018 : Victoria Beckham by Bibi Cornejo Borthwick

This is not what I expected when i clicked on the thread title! Finally someone did something different with VB. From styling to the make-up, I like it way better than what Edward and his team produced.

Also wow Bibi shot it?!! Yes, let's give other photographers a chance, not just the usual names!

I usually like her magazine work - but not every look is going to work, and certainly not that beauty styling.

There are moments when you have to accept that you're not a model, no matter how much you might want to promote your own brand.

Sometimes I'm really not sure whether she's this sought after or just has an incredible PR team. Either way, she is scoring Vogue covers left and right.

I wish the angle was better, but I don't mind the look. The headlines, on the other hand, are a mess.

Sometimes I'm really not sure whether she's this sought after or just has an incredible PR team.

She needs to STOP with these covers. How can anyone in the fashion industry, her designer peers especially, take her serious with this amount of overexposure? You don't see the Olsens on covers left, right and centre.

This would've been way more powerful with a model or celebrity muse other than herself. The angular 'fashunn' pose and that expression reeks of desperation. That's possibly the biggest reason why I can't tolerate Victoria Beckham. And I feel like she doesn't need to be this desperate for covers. Her reputation as a fashion icon is sealed. Show us the clothes! To celebrate her brand with an image of her, well, says a lot about what drives her brand, actually.

Some designers are great ambassadors for their brands: Betsy Johnson, Jil Sander, vintage Mary McFadden; VB not so much. It feels self indulgent to me. Like she's designing for herself and not genuinely reaching out for consumers.
I find celebrity designers tiresome. And I know she's been at it longer than the music career, but I'm left feeling, ' Who Cares'.
Nothing showing here looks riveting in any way.
That cover and photo spread is not flattering.

She looks like she's taking a dump in almost all pics...

I like the editorial. Victoria Beckham steps out of her comfort zone finally but that cover is very unappealing.

If you google it there is a list, but it doesn’t include all of her most recent ones and her old ones such as American Vogue with the other spice girls

If you google it there is a list, but it doesn’t include all of her most recent ones and her old ones such as American Vogue with the other spice girls
Because I’m so kind, I compiled a list! I think I have got them all on there, also in chronological order!

American vogue January 1997
Vogue Taiwan November 2003
Vogue Spain February 2004
Vogue India November 2006
Vogue UK April 2008
Vogue Russia February 2009
Vogue Germany May 2010
Vogue Turkey August 2010
Vogue UK February 2011
Vogue China August 2013
Vogue Australia September 2013
Vogue Paris December 2013 / January 2013
Vogue UK August 2014
Vogue Australia August 2015
Vogue Germany November 2015
Vogue Korea July 2015
Vogue China May 2016
Vogue Australia November 2016
Vogue Netherlands July/August 2017
Vogue Spain February 2018
Vogue Uk October 2018
Vogue Australia November 2018

Her face looks good only in certain angles, the cover's one is not one of them. She also looks better when her hair covers her ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balazsmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->