Vogue Australia November 2021 : Sarah Snook by Simon Eeles

Could’ve been good, but the lighting…

Anyways, always a pleasure to see Shiv

War Story better be about Charlotte Bellis. Dudes not looking at her in the eye when she's interviewing them but still having to answer the damn question, lazily putting her hijab on and/or letting her hair blow onto their faces.. I love Charlotte. :lol::zorro:

Excited for the new season of “Succession” but this is simply not it. The background looks fake and the angle doesn’t favor her.

There may be a world where I can be objective about this cover, but Earth, October 17th 2021, is not it. It is obvious that Vogue Australia is capitalizing on Snook embodying Shiv offscreen as sublimely as she does onscreen. It preys on our attachment to a fictional character to sell us a magazine with an actor on the cover. An actor who matters to me more than most Hollywood A-listers, by the way. Even that questionable light screams Succession. Cheap as the trick is, I don't care. It works. I love Sarah. I love Shiv. I love this.

Lol, she is not an A lister.
It’s so true. These terms are meaningless now because they’ve been thrown around so much and because tacky people love to overuse it for people who don’t deserve it.

The last time I think I’d have qualified anyone or any group of celebrities as A-Listers would have been back in the late 90’s when you couldn’t NOT know who Brad or Gwyneth, or Johnny or Julia, or Nicole or Tom, etc was. You’d absolutely had to have been living under a rock to not only know these stars, but understand their caché, too.

This woman? I’m sure she’s nice and I’m sure she’s decently talented but I have absolutely not a single, solitary clue as to who she is.

I love her on the show hopefully the editorial is better. I think she can be considered A list considering TV is the new movies and she has a major role on one of the most anticipted shows.

Photography: Simon Eeles
Styling: Kaila Matthews
Hair: Lok Lau
Makeup: Ashleigh Carpenter
Model: Sarah Snook

Vogue Australia

WoW!
That cover image is terrible.
Putting someone in that harsh, direct light is criminal.

Anyone remember when was the last time Vogue Australia had a good cover?

no one, because there hasn’t been one in ages.

the cover is terrible but there are some good shots on the editorial.
T&C did it better…

The first shot from the ed would've made a much better cover. Overall the ed is quite nice, she look great.

So happy she got a cover anyway! Keeping me on a high from the premiere last night.

looooooool who was the stylist ???? It's laughable, really !!!

I embrace the fact that a magazine choses to portray a local celebrity like in this case, but I don't like the fact that they made her look like a second brand Renee Zellweger.

NOWHERE TO GO BUT EVERYWHERE
Photography:
Max Papendieck
Styling: Kaila Matthews
Hair: Rory Rice
Make-up: Victoria Baron
Model: Julia van Os

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members