Vogue Australia November 2018 : Victoria Beckham by Bibi Cornejo Borthwick

So this has nothing to do with her brand? Why is she on the cover then?

Because I’m so kind, I compiled a list! I think I have got them all on there, also in chronological order!

American vogue January 1997
Vogue Taiwan November 2003
Vogue Spain February 2004
Vogue India November 2006
Vogue UK April 2008
Vogue Russia February 2009
Vogue Germany May 2010
Vogue Turkey August 2010
Vogue UK February 2011
Vogue China August 2013
Vogue Australia September 2013
Vogue Paris December 2013 / January 2013
Vogue UK August 2014
Vogue Australia August 2015
Vogue Germany November 2015
Vogue Korea July 2015
Vogue China May 2016
Vogue Australia November 2016
Vogue Netherlands July/August 2017
Vogue Spain February 2018
Vogue Uk October 2018
Vogue Australia November 2018

This also makes her the ‘celebrity’ with the most vogue covers if I’m not mistaken, Madonna has 16.

I’m sorry to say this but it looks like her breasts are amputated. That’s all I can see.

That's what caught my attention first, as well. It looks like she just went through surgery. Quite scary. It could have been a tad sexier than that, without it being too much. Otherwise I like this cover. Beautiful skirt, and I'm always interested to see Victoria Beckham.

My take on Victoria (and her brand) is that she often says, she is not the prettiest, most talented etc, but she has a vision, and is she hard working. Therefore her Vogue covers seem to be her way of proving to herself and others that she is credible and in demand.

I imagine her team agressively chase the covers (we rarely see her on international editions of Elle or Bazaar). Yet US Vogue and Vogue Japan seem to the only major editions that have eluded her. Vogue Japan seldom have non-Japanese celebs on their covers, save Riccardo Tisci & Kanye West in 2015, so that does not seem personal.

However, Anna's reluctance to put her on a solo cover after all these years is baffling given that she is always at her shows, and her Anglophile bias for cover stars. Maybe Anna thinks she tries too hard, or it is simply a matter of politics, given that other female fashion designers (Karan, Herrera, DVF, McCartney etc) have never covered the US edition either. Although arguably, Victoria is in a league of her own, given her former pop star status and a photogenic, superstar husband.

Btw, her profile shots in the editorial are really lovely. She does take a good side shot and I think of her Estee Lauder ad from a while back.

Unflattering angle and she just looks awkward here.

You know, if someone had told me that Victoria manspreading in an utterly hideous brown skirt/dress/wtf while flaunting her grandmother's handmade arm warmers would not be her worst Vogue cover of the season, I might not believe you. And yet....

Vogue Beauty: McKnight Magic (8 pages)
Photographer: Nicole Bentley
Stylist: Philippa Moroney
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make-up: Victoria Baron
Cast: Ondria Hardin

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Soft Armour (10 pages)
Photographer: Rory Payne
Stylist: Marina Gallo
Hair: Kota Suizu
Make-up: Carole Colambani
Cast: Jeneil Williams

Taking Flight (8 pages)
Photographer: Hans Neumann
Stylist: Melissa Levy
Hair: Benjamin Muller
Make-up: Emma Day
Manicure: Ami Streets
Props: Ibrahim Njoya
Cast: Elizabeth Debicki

Thanks Ben for posting the content, it all actually looks good, i do think they need to re-think their art direction, although it looks better in print.

Also this issue was SOLD OUT at the Vogue house showroom, not a single copy left, wtf! :shock:

Thanks Ben for posting the content, it all actually looks good, i do think they need to re-think their art direction, although it looks better in print.

Also this issue was SOLD OUT at the Vogue house showroom, not a single copy left, wtf! :shock:

It's probably due to Victoria, lol. In Edwina's editor's letter for this issue there's a shot of her with Victoria, Arp and Angelica. Incidentally the three Vogue editors who support her the most. So I thought the shot to kind of unique and memorable.

It's actually a decent issue overall. A bit heavy on reprints (Fernanda Ly for Vogue Russia, Adut Akech/McQueen for UK Vogue), but it seems this is the first issue where Vogue Australia is walking the walk. When they put out the diversity cover earlier this year we gave them a lot of flak, and rightly so. But with this edition Edwina and her team have ingtegrated that effortlessly and without any fanfares. And it just so happens to be 2 Aussie girls. That, coupled with the sleek type and page layout made the magazine look like an international edition. And I can tell you this, next to Elle, Harper's and inStyle in Australia, they're definitely the most 'contemporary fashion' of the lot in a global sense. I find that the rest (especially InStyle!) rely far too much of that Aussie beach babe schtick.

The shot of Elizabeth Debicki in that pink gown is astounding. Such a beauty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->