Vogue Brazil July 2009 : Caroline Trentini by Terry Richardson

^I can't see that happening to be honest.

^ Ooooh! Thank GOD! what a relief!

^She looks like a statue on the cover and those pics, but I do like it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Noite em branco e preto
Ph: Terry Richardson
Model: Caroline Trentini

scanned by me

could someone translate the Brazilian captions like what does "Noite em branco e preto" mean for instance

ps why is she stripping? whats the point? An image needs to communicate with its spectators, is she only stripping? I actually do LOVE that T is not degrading the female body these days!!!!!! that means he has respect for his subject and for himslef right? ps im much more fond of the Sweet child of mine ed (AND Playboy & American Vogue & Paris Vogue eds!!) I see WAY more visual games in them but i still need to analyse this ed so

^ According Google Translation : Night in white and black

also could somone translate what the scarf means, why is it still like around her neck like shes tied to something/one while her jacket & legs are already wide open....?

and why is she stripping but actually she appears fully dressed, it makes me think hmmm help me think people

Thank you but id like a translation of all the captions also the cover. Under Noite em branco e preto, it says somethings about very sexy and decade 70s. I see the black & white in the images visually but what does night in black and white else mean like in language?

ok i googled what in english "A Night in White and Black" might mean its something about being dressed like that for something cocktail but it also brings up a Roy Orbison album but I dont see that in the images. so what have we got, supersexy, 70s decade night out, strippiing but not stripping, being tied, sexual games.... what does it all mean??

Trentini looks good, but i'm afraid that for Richardson's photography, she's not committing enough. I think the modeling in a lot of Richardson's work is usually over the top or just lazy..anything in between usually doesn't work.

Carol Trentini incorporates the new way of being sexy: with efeitos blusados, plissados*, fetish accessories and the decadent attitude tipically of the end of the 70's

*I have no idea how to write these things in English, sorry.

oh wow thats my favorite era!!! the end of the 70s = disco, gia, studio 54 etc they knew how to dress sexy. anyway still trying to fugure out what the images mean or maybe he was just influenced by a disco cocktail dressed girl in Brazil on a hot night haha

i don't think they're supposed to 'mean' anything else than late 70s decadent sexiness? i mean, i don't think there's a story behind them really... still, caroline doesn't convince me at all.
the polka dot tights are fantastic though, no wonder they're in every magazine now.
(and pipoca: plissado = pleated:flower:)

i don't think they're supposed to 'mean' anything else than late 70s decadent sexiness? i mean, i don't think there's a story behind them really... still, caroline doesn't convince me at all.
the polka dot tights are fantastic though, no wonder they're in every magazine now.
(and pipoca: plissado = pleated:flower:)

TRUST ME ive recently started looking into Terry's work and everything has layers of meaning EVERYTHING has meaning in his work he doesnt just put stuff there for nothing. He is wildly intelligent. I study art I know it. Sometimes when I study his work I just go delirious that he is THAT genius, it excites me madly.

his work is very bound/concise like poetry bound language I might post my analyses of some of his eds that do something to me to his forum. I also look at his colllective shift profile and see how its communicating with a certain certain blog hahahaha, dont kill each other peace peace! Im telling you this man is a master at his craft im sure hell go in history as one of the greats he is a real artist. PS forget Newton & Bourdin he is as great as Penn! USA Vogue is REALLY missing something extremely special out by not having his covers too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->