Vogue Brazil March 2009 : Agyness Deyn by Jacques Dequeker

matheus_s

Reaction score
AMAZING COVER! :woot::woot:

A nova Kate. Ph.: Jacques Dequeker (with Agyness)

2009: Uma odisséia fashion. Ph.: Jacques Dequeker with Bruna Tenório (it's just a preview)

Last edited by a moderator:
High Jeans. Ph.: Gui Paganini with unknow model

Categoria Confort. Ph.: Gui Paganini with Luana Teifke

Menina de rua. Ph.: Lachlan Bailey with Sasha (re-print from where?)

I'm not crazy about the cover.
However, Bruna's ed looks good.

Thanks for the previews, matheus_s! :flower:

I loved the cover :heart: High Jeans ed is with Carolina Thaler I think ^_^
Thanks matheus_s :flower:

Definitely not the best cover I've seen but I love the colors of it and at least I don't get lost by the text, columns, etc on it...

Agyness looks fantastic, her editorial looks good as well.

Amazing cover... Agyness so beautiful in Vogue Brazil!!!

Thanks for the review matheus_s and I can't wait to buy!!! :clap:

A nova Kate? Oh god, when are people going to realize that she will never be the next Kate Moss?

LOVE the cover, Agyness looks amazing! :heart: Her editorial looks great too.

Thanks for the snapshots matheus_s!

A nova Kate? Oh god, when are people going to realize that she will never be the next Kate Moss?

when media, fashion industry and people in general will stop thinking celebrities/models are objects (of desire ...).
the comparison, in those case, always sound to me like "Hoover XZSII is the new and better Hoover XZSI" ....

I dislike the Hat on the cover, but Agyness looks great! Her expression appeals to me for once ^_^

Gorgeous cover.I love all the recent Agyness covers

Aggyness again, now in Brazil :blink::judge:
I did actually like the cover, but I thought that she could have closed her mouth (oh, such an impossible thing to happen :innocent:).
The contents don't interest me at all... However there is a nice ed.

the cover isn't bad considering it's vogue brazil. i can't stand this girl and her open mouth though. "a nova kate"... everything sound just silly and pretentious - which is pretty common in vogue brazil actually... the whole "new kate moss" thing is just ridiculous, they say such things as if kate moss was an obsolete 'object of desire', like BerlinRocks said, and seriously, some models may be out of the business, and maybe the word "obsolete" could be applied to them (although it's still a harsh thing to say), but kate is still working and she's just 35... do these people remember how big she already was in her 20s? do they remember she wasn't just a cool kid wearing cool clothes (and "cool" here doesn't mean crazy purple jumpsuits and messy boyish hair) but she was part of a new concept, a new aethetic?... she was HUGE, what a girl like agyness deyn, who's "already" 25 and is far from being that big, is? she can be boyish? many models can, freja, iris, and they're much better. she wears crazy clothes? iekeliene wears crazy clothes, too. she's english like kate? lily donaldson seems to be much "cooler" (and gets much more work:innocent:)... i mean... all these magazines which do this, they don't really want a new kate moss, they just wish kate was younger, otherwise they wouldn't say "the new kate", they wouldn't need the name of another person to make agyness seem interesting. people are desperately trying to find another young(er) british girl who can be that cool, as if kate moss wasn't alive or something... there are girls who have their "own name", girls who are everywhere now because they're really interesting and seem to have much more than "nice" clothes and a rockstar boyfriend to offer (because honestly, it has absoultely nothing to do with modeling abilities), why don't they talk about these girls? carine roitfeld did, but i'm not even talking about dedicating a whole issue to a model, just stop searching for "the new somebody", it's so annoying. or just talk about kate herself, please. she's doing a brazilian campaign now, it's more than appropriate - although they don't really seem to notice these opportunities... a while ago mariacarla boscono was in brazil for fashion week (and natasha poly, at the same time) and they didn't even mentioned her (them) in vogue...

^ I couldn't agree more with you... That's one of an amount of reasons I hate the world cool. Even though there aren't so many interesting about Agyness, why didn't they put her on the cover of RG Vogue? I'm sure it would suit their aesthetic so much more :innocent:

At least when she worked with Meisel, her editorial was quite unique, not trying to have a cool face or "cool attitudes" like Eliza Cummings. I'm not trying to deffend Agynnes because I can't stand why she's so overrated or compared with Kate.
*edit* And who is part of her cool group in London? Pixie and Alice? :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->