Vogue China April 2018 : Alicia Vikander & Daniel Wu by Mark Seliger

LEADING LADY
Photographer: Simon C
Stylist: Candy Lee
Celebrity: Kara Hui
Makeup: Sharon Siu
Hair: James Lee

Vogue China Digital Edition

Seeing VC devolved into this sickly pastel wallpaper of mediocrity this decade from the impressive, larger-than-life beginnings is one of the most tragic fashion publications of all the Vogues.

Ben Toms— more than any other of this new generation of shooters, never ceases to amaze me with his ability to drown me in a comatose state with his brand of scrapbooking and contact sheet aesthetic. Is it even an aesthetic when it’s so consistently meek and flaccid…?

If a gun was held to my head and I were forced o choose one edit, I’d reluctantly go with the Alicia and Daniel one; At least there’s some human contact, some warmth and a hint that they’re acknowledging each other, somewhat… What a pastel nightmare all these shoots are. I don’t even bother looking through VC anymore these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I happen to be rather taken with Toms work for this magazine! Just a pity they jumped onto the new aesthetic too late, but the magazine looks modern and (next to most of the other Chinese magazines) actually quite progressive. They've evolved, you see.
Alicia and Daniel's edit is actually the worst and doesn't belong. It's too forced. I like everything posted so far except the cover story.
If you remove the T in Turkina Faso and replace it with a B then it's the name of an obscure African country. Interesting. Love that edit, without a doubt the highlight of this issue. And it clearly illustrates my point that magazines such as Re-Edition need to update their direction....

Alicia actually seems fun during the shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->