Vogue China December 2020 : Kaia Gerber by Craig McDean

MDNA

Reaction score

weibo.com/voguechina

Ugh, what is she wearing? Though it's nice to see the dynamic sort of identity again that made McDean's work famous (and sadly has been absent for some time now), I think everything is just too much here. The hair, makeup and set design are busy enough for a magazine cover, didn't need the outfit to be as well. And if they had to shoot the outfit then tone down the hair and makeup.

That said, it's possibly one of her edgiest covers yet but I'm still not sold on her as a model. Will probably never be.

I started to lose interest in Kaia after she stopped producing works like the ones with Misel In Pop with Charlotte etc
Here she definitely showed up I agree with the hair It is bit much contrasting everything at the background

This is a perfect year-end cover as it perfectly embodies 2020 - rough.

Would have been better for January, I don't think it makes a strong statement to end the year and the styling is off-putting, trying too hard to be cool and edgy...which is not at all Vogue China's forte.

One good thing I can say about this cover is that Kaia never looks this mature, even older than her mom.

Is the look inspired in the fake Offwhite/Vetements designers from “Emily in Paris”?

Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Model: Kaia Gerber

weibo.com/voguechina

I seldom pay attention to this Vogue, but oddly laugh out loud that its coverlines are alway on the primary school level of editorship in their own languages.

Looks like an outtake from US Vogue!! She is gorgeous though, her face here is fantastic, she is going to be a good model if she keeps this up.

it is NOT a strong cover for December and her forced stare ruins it. there are a couple of good shots on the editorial but that’s really it.
Kaia still needs to prove that she is a good model which I think she will but it looks like she’s taking her time. she’s super young so no rush, I guess...

Ah, Daniela Paudice. No wonder the cover is such a try-hard mess.

She’s been out since she was 16 why is she not even at least ok yet she’s such a bad model and gets worse every time I look at her

I look at that cover and think Kendall could have done it better.

And in the editorial, she's wearing those clothes with all the panache of a teenager who can't wait to shuffle off the set, have a smoke and check their phone.

Models like Natasha Poly and Gisele... most of the time they were probably going through a routine, but at least they always made the clothes come alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->