Vogue China July 2020 : Zhou Dongyu by Elizaveta Porodina

Without a doubt their best issue in years! Maybe Angelica started spying on Vogue Taiwan and decided it's time to pull up her socks and show all the new come-ups in Asia that she runs the roost.
I assumed the cover editorial would be the strongest in the issue because Porodina really took it ot a different level, but Yu Cong and Primol Xue's are equally strong. That opening shot of Liu Wen in the headscarf is astounding. All the more astounding when you realise the context and how innovative it is to a degree. Because it's not the type of 'style' that's being pushed for the modern Chinese woman and that makes it quite ballsy of Angelica to run it. And ultimately that's the duty of Vogue isn't it, lead the way and show their readers new ways to dress, not to blindly follow what everyone is doing.
Quite like Ling Chen in the blue dress and straw hat as well, and there's a great accessories edit that just screams luxury. Could have done without the requisite Camilla Akrans x waify blonde model of the month edit for once. My only other gripe would be the overzealous use of reprints. A 16-page edit is a bit excessive! And to top it all off it's some cheesy Vogue Japan/Sgura edit at that? They can do better, surely.

LOL @ 'Vogue Italia, what's good'? Thanks for posting the BTS cover shoot!

Norman Tan, between Vogue China and Taiwan, you have your work cut out for you.

What an issue! Zhou Dongyu is my favourite Chinese actress of her generation, so I am thrilled to see her on the cover. A massive talent and gorgeous girl. She looks like a porcelain doll, and photographs beautifully. The Porodina editorial feels like art, which isn't something that I say lightly.

The Water Flight and Art in Paris editorials are also stunning. :flower:

Thanks to everyone for sharing the editorials with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->