Vogue China December 2023 by Felix Cooper

They could have done 1000 times better because the background and styling are good.
For me they needed to make a lot of changes;

- they needed a much closer photo, not so far away
- there's no emotion in the models' faces
- who are these girls? They didn't have any top model available?
- could we teach people who go on covers to learn a few things like posing for example??? Just a thought.
- there's no layout = to create a good cover, even with a one liner, it takes a lot of talent.

Nope, it's a let-down cover that had potential but fell flat on its bum.
NEXT!

FORCES OF FASHION
Photography:
Felix Cooper
Styling: Alvin Yu
Models: Sherry Shi, Mengyao Wang, Huijia Chen & Hejia Li

weibo.com

Too much color noise reduction!

all that space is giving me anxiety. good grief.
nothing is remarkable and even the more experimental shots of the editorial fall kinda flat (there are some interesting ones however).
a missed opportunity definitely because all the elements are there.

m. zhang is truly anna's puppet in china.
she has no talent in directing a magazine..
look at this kinda sh*t....so immature, i can even do it on photoshop with proper text and layout with 3 secs

m. zhang, pls resign...and stop ruining the Vogue China title, which is at least the top 5 vogue in the global

I enjoy the angle and the art direction (even the distance) however what the hell are those facial expressions from these models? Doesn't it matter anymore after the nepobabies- started this horrible way of working and called it modelling? My god, it's so frustrating to see models delivering nothing, absolutely nothing over and over and only a handful of them (Vittoria, Anok, Rianne for example) consistently being able to infuse their personalities in their work. Even Sherry Shi (I believe the most well-known from the 4 of them) is not delivering at all!
The editorial is a tiny bit better but still it just... LACKS

Too much empty space for my liking! The cropping of the photograph and the composition of the cover as a whole leaves a lot to be desired. What a crying shame to end the year with such a sad, sterile and lifeless cover.

MASSY AND TERRIBLE !!!!!!!!
SHAME ON Margaret Zhang !!!!!

I don’t hate it. It’s not bad, it’s not good. It’s just there.

All they needed was the content aware fill and scale tools on photoshop. Its not the worst cover in the Vogue universe but also Vogue China has standards to uphold as one of the best editions.

pic vogue china/weibo

001VvpGXly1hjtbm5zf8oj61xk2iw1kz02_copy_1009x1318.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->