Vogue China July 2018 : Amandine Renard by Camilla Akrans

MDNA

Reaction score

weibo.com/voguechina

Probably the most artistic cover under Angelica. Will get it for the cover alone. The colour, angle and art direction looks stunning.

Not sure who the model is, but I imagine it's not of much consequence as you can barely see her face.

I have to say I love everything on the cover. Even the text placement. I think this girl was on VI April issue. So someone is pushing her hard.

Who is this girl and how is she booking these covers??

I have to say I love everything on the cover. Even the text placement. I think this girl was on VI April issue. So someone is pushing her hard.

I think it's because of Piergiorgio del Moro.

The cover looks stunning but in don't like the oblique tagline.

I really don't get the identity of this magazine.

I like the cover, though I don't think the model herself is bringing much to it.

There are about 1.4 billion Chinese people on the planet, and this magazine goes out of it's way to find the most random white models to grace it's covers.

Love the cover, happy for Camilla.
Hope the model does well in the editorial.

Seems like a throwaway month if you ask me. Not a cover shot.

Photographer: Camilla Akrans
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Model: Amandine Renard

weibo.com/voguechina

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope don't like the model and some shots (5 and 6) remind me of Karlie for Porter, feels repetetive.

Camilla, you can do better than this.

Many of the shots should've been binned - the cliched flamingos for starters. It's just so random. But I do like this edit. Shot #, and the second and third last ones look particularly impressive for this magazine.

Covershot looks like she hugging cotton candy.

What is it with VC and their attraction to these dim, grey-cast covershoots???? Is it to reflect Beijing’s overcast skies? Turn up the brightness ratio!

The seated one in Balenciaga and the backside in silver leggings heels are the strongest. The others are forgettable.

Thanks MDNA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->