Vogue China March 2022 : He Cong, Ma Yanli, Niu Yu & Xu Ruoxin by Nick Yang

Margaret Zhang really proves many wrong. Love this. This is probably one of the only Dior collections (probably even one and only lol) under MGC that I’m excited to see in fashion magazines. Sure, silhouette-wise, it’s nothing but a pastiche of basic 60s aesthetic, but with the right stylist and an imaginative photographer, the collection can look elevated as being shown here.

This is incredible :o Wow.. I am loving this! Echoing what WAVES said earlier, this could be a Dior campaign but maybe better!

How did I miss this? This is absolutely amazing.

Recently many Vogue issues have reserved a month for the body positivity, yet they continue to their old attitudes without any diversity for the remaining months. I don't understand, if diversity will not spread around, wouldn't this be more like pointing them and make them look wrong actually? I think body positivity shouldn't be demoted to a monthly "theme". I would be happier if I could see more diverse people generally in fashion industry without actually noticing them.

Solid covet, as always with Marge. China seem to be the only Vogue that understands layout these days.

Not so much the story— as usual with Marge. More fillers than killers, frankly— but I’ll reserve judgement until the entire issue is revealed. A graphic set design and a vivid, strong color-palette seems to be compensating for some annoying photographic-style choices. I despise this Man Ray artsy-nonsense when it comes to fashion photography: The prerequisite blurred shot; the double-imagery; the overwrought, over-composed reflection that may be technically-complex in execution but completely detracts from the models and clothing etc etc… Just stop with the silly art student stunts— and showcase the solid cast in strong compositions against the gorgeous amber/gold color-palette. There is such a thing as overdoing.

What a surprise knowing how China had treated people with disabilities in the past

This is such a tasteful way to show inclusivity in a magazine like Vogue. I love it.

Beautiful cover and editotial! Vogue China has been a bit his-and-miss in recent year but this is a major hit.

Love the cover. Margaret maybe the face of the magazine, but the real force behind the creativity resurrection of VC is Audrey Hu.

Also love Léa editorial. This must be her best work in magazine.
Yess, Agree. If the fashion director still under Daniela Paudice this edition will be super boring... look at her now in Vogue Singapore as a fashion director :rofl:

Last edited:
Who is the art director of Vogue China?..

Loved the main editorial and Léa's too!

So Valerie Zhang is Margharet's family?

The cover story is fabulous, Vogue China is one of the best editions of the mag on recent days.

So Valerie Zhang is Margharet's family?

Nope, not that I know of.
I mean, they're not even the same Zhang: Margaret's surname is 章, while Valerie's is 张.
So......

Nope, not that I know of.
I mean, they're not even the same Zhang: Margaret's surname is 章, while Valerie's is 张.
So......

Ah ok i understand...thanks for clarify..

I've just saw Vogue China Instagram account and they deleted or hide it everything before Margharet. Honestly i feel it's weird...i understand it's a new epic but its a little disrespectful to their predecessors and the history of VC.

Anyone know who is the art director of VC? thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->