Vogue China May 2023 : Fanfan by Hailun Ma

I love this, unconventional yet the fashion is still seen.

I'll give them a pass, given how little time they had.

I hope this time they learned a valuable lesson about "always having a backup plan".

I'll give them a pass, given how little time they had.

I hope this time they learned a valuable lesson about "always having a backup plan".
please enlighten me, what do u mean they had little time?

Another gorgeous cover from this edition. Vogue China is very consistent!

Such a potential here that wasn't used gosh. It's sad, they could have done MUCH BETTER with Du Juan !!!
The makeup and hair was interesting, the styling was ok (could have been stronger) but yeah this model didn't do anything.

What kind of thinking could possible go with such a policy? Seems to me it’s done nothing but drag the brand, and the magazine creatively down, from the other magazines in the Chinese market.

It’s an attempt to beat out the competition so that the best talent will say no to other magazines in order to hold out for Vogue. That’s why the other publishers are pissed as it is trying to limit their options and access. At the end of the day it’s a business and profits come first especially in this climate.

It's such a fabulous issue with lots of beautiful outdoor editorials. Their original cover story that features actress Du Juan is also included in this issue. I'd say Jinghan's editorial has more solid options for the cover photo than Du's.

This issue has 230 pages. Their Vogue + supplement is replaced by Vogue Film this month. It also includes Giseok Cho's Maximum City/Tomorrrowland editorial.

RUN AWAY WITH ME
Photography:
Alvin Yu
Styling: Lily Chou
Hair: Yumi Nakada Dingle
Make-up: Anthony Preel
Models: Leanne de Haan & Nora Svenson

Vogue China Digital Edition

LI JIANG
Photography:
Vivienne Sun
Styling: Mia Zhang