Vogue China PhotoVOGUE March 2022 : Kaia Gerber by Ryan McGinley

Love these Vogue China 'sister' mags

I can't honestly believe that there weren't other cover worthy shots. I mean, I know she isn't her mother in terms of supermodeldom lol but come on I believe the kid knows a thing or two about posing. Therefore : why haven't they chosen a shot where she shows off the dress properly and where her body doesn't look weird? :ermm:

This is another Vogue China?,and what's the idea behind it?

And meanwhile, the likes of Vogue France and Vogue Italia are left unable to create original content, have became a shadow of their former selves and are going down the drain as we speak.

^^^LOL

This is another Vogue China?,and what's the idea behind it?

Think the concept is it’s more instinctual, impromptu, and truer to the photographers’ impulses, without any compromises to advertisers’ directives. But with CN— I find that a tad hard to take. Then again… looking at the cover select, and all the story selects, I’m a little more convinced it’s really what he wanted to showcase. (God… please don’t ever feature Juergen…)

And meanwhile, the likes of Vogue France and Vogue Italia are left unable to create original content, have became a shadow of their former selves and are going down the drain as we speak.

That Asian/Chinese representation are glaringly left out, or outright grudgingly reduced to a token in the Western Vogues, is likely a main motivation for Chinese Vogue to continuously expand and prove their spending powers by investing in persevering the ideals of high fashion standards— because they remember that Vogue is still a high fashion publication first and foremost, after all. While Vogue Italia/Paris are swallowed and dominated by nothing creative nor anything of talent, with only virtual signalling and political agendas.

^^^LOL

Think the concept is it’s more instinctual, impromptu, and truer to the photographers’ impulses, without any compromises to advertisers’ directives. But with CN— I find that a tad hard to take. Then again… looking at the cover select, and all the story selects, I’m a little more convinced it’s really what he wanted to showcase. (God… please don’t ever feature Juergen…)

That Asian/Chinese representation are glaringly left out, or outright grudgingly reduced to a token in the Western Vogues, is likely a main motivation for Chinese Vogue to continuously expand and prove their spending powers by investing in persevering the ideals of high fashion standards— because they remember that Vogue is still a high fashion publication first and foremost, after all. While Vogue Italia/Paris are swallowed and dominated by nothing creative nor anything of talent, with only virtual signalling and political agendas.

Thanks @Phuel

The close-up shot is cute but I'm shocked. Did Kaia forget how to model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->