Vogue Italia September 2020 by Mark Borthwick

If they had selected say they five best options here and run with that, I think I’d have been here for it. There’s a strong edit of options in there, but 95 are not really required and in making 100 they’ve lessened the quality of those that do work.

some truly amazing & subtle covers - saskia, julia, binx, guinevere, hiandra...

100 covers is an overkill but I guess I’ll be buying Bella Hadid’s just based on the fact that I bought her first Sept vogue italia cover by Meisel back when it was an accomplishment to be on vogue Italia

I like the concept and as much as some of these leave something to be desired I still prefer this to most of the other 'Hope' issues. They'll probably have a cover with accompanying story as an editorial.

Imagine if it were a 100 beautiful portraits (like either Rianne's March 2016 with the painting texture or Fei Fei's classic January 2013 cover) shot by Steven Meisel with all of his magnificent model muses styled by Karl Templer in proper fashion, makeup by Pat and Guido's classy hair. Meghan, Julia, Lexi, Karen, Joan, Liya, Stella, Linda, Daria, Gemma, Caroline, Sasha, Mona, Frankie, Guinevere, Kristen, Veruschka, Amber, Shalom, Trish, Missy, Christy, Naomi, Lily, Carolyn... god.
Not saying that a 100 covers is a good idea, but if they were shot by Meisel... well, let's just say it'd be quite a challenge collecting them all like pokémons LOL

Indya could have been just enough for me...
We are used to Farneti gimmicks and Verneti terrible art direction. I guess a beautiful handwriting wasn't "edgy" enough!

The biggest disappointment for me comes from Carlos. The styling is simply boring.
There's nothing memorable about this except for the monumental, gimmicky number of covers.

Imagine if it were a 100 beautiful portraits (like either Rianne's March 2016 with the painting texture or Fei Fei's classic January 2013 cover) shot by Steven Meisel with all of his magnificent model muses styled by Karl Templer in proper fashion, makeup by Pat and Guido's classy hair. Meghan, Julia, Lexi, Karen, Joan, Liya, Stella, Linda, Daria, Gemma, Caroline, Sasha, Mona, Frankie, Guinevere, Kristen, Veruschka, Amber, Shalom, Trish, Missy, Christy, Naomi, Lily, Carolyn... god.
Not saying that a 100 covers is a good idea, but if they were shot by Meisel... well, let's just say it'd be quite a challenge collecting them all like pokémons LOL
One can dream :heart: And I think we have the next challenge for the cover challenge thread.

Piling up these iconic(?) figures (Emily Ratajkowski? Really?) in 1 issue instead of giving them each a proper issue throughout the year..........choices.

I love Indya, Julia, Raquel, Paloma, Ugbad, Guinevere and Abby.

Exactly like what mentioned above, overkill!

Yes! Julia, Bella, Saskia, Freja and my Queen Alek looks fantastic! If only there weren't about 90 bad ones.

I'm living for that Julia Nobis cover. She looks so good. The casting is surprisingly good: Sara, Lexi, Lulu, Guinevere, Binx, Raquel, Stella, Julia...

Also, I'm a Borthwick fan so I don't mind to say that I like this a lot. Sadly, the concept is such a nonsense. I don't know why they need to ruin everything.
Oh, and to be honest it really looks like those glorified lookbooks at Zara.com -with Borthwick and Reid or Gherter and Koller- which I'm not precisely sure if it's a good thing...

And please stop with those ignorant comments -sorry- about the photography. It's MB style. Take it or leave it. It's like when people complain that M&M pictures are so retouched...girl, it's their signature!

Ok I’ve finally seen enough of Kaia to actually give my opinion on her and imo she’s just not a very good or strong model at least 80% percent of her shots are weak from covers to campaigns and she’s giving me that feeling I had with Kendall where even the few good shots they have are pure luck

Chile I’m not about to look through all these damn covers! All I want to know is did this help any model seal the top 4 of the Vogues(IT, UK, USA, Paris)? If not, then my goodness what a waste of a perfect opportunity!

(Emily Ratajkowski? Really?)
I know.. :lol:.. she doesn't look as chihuahua-esque (or mustache-y) as she usually does, which is great, but she's probably destroyed that she made it to VI, without her boobs.

Anyway, I think Julia Nobis' cover looks great.. same for Meghan.. I don't know if I've already seen the other 97 lol.. I actually can't even remember why I concluded Nobis' cover "looks great", I forgot everything already.. such a joke of a magazine. I guess these magazines are like any administration anywhere.. 25 years of greatness, followed by never-ending rock bottom and 10 years later, things start picking up. Change will probably only come until around 2025 though, if we're lucky..

I couldn't care less about Vogue Italia, but I'm really happy that Alek, Ugbad and Lineisy have their solo covers!

Chile I’m not about to look through all these damn covers! All I want to know is did this help any model seal the top 4 of the Vogues(IT, UK, USA, Paris)? If not, then my goodness what a waste of a perfect opportunity!

Well, for the select few that weren't aware of/didn't count Cindy's February 1989 cover, this solo cover solidifies the fact that she has indeed completed her Big 4. WIll have to check the rest of the cover stars because I genuinely can't keep up, but I didn't notice anyone else in particular who would've completed the big 4 with this.

Imagine being a model and not being featured in this, ok it's a mess but still...

Inside, the issue will feature a manifesto by American photographer Tyler Mitchell dedicated to the struggles of the Black Lives Matter movement, accompanied by text written by playwright Jeremy O. Harris. In addition, an interview with Martin Scorsese will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the director’s documentary “Made In Milan” about Giorgio Armani, while the entire Rossellini family will appear in a group shoot for the first time in decades to mark the upcoming docu-film “The Rossellinis” that will be presented at the Venice Film Festival.

“The idea is very simple: more is more,” said the publication’s creative director Ferdinando Verderi, who conceived the project. “We wanted to challenge the standards of quantity with which fashion has always measured itself, to express a desire for rebirth and to celebrate diversity and uniqueness in a way that becomes a collective experience.”

wwd

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->