Vogue Czechoslovakia September 2024 : Gwendoline Christie by Szilvester Mako & Steinberg by Pablo Saez

Ok so both covers are tragic and not good at all. To me though I can appreciate that she's, in a another lane, like Tilda Swinton: the type of women who can become characters and use their odd beauty to sell a certain fashion dream or aesthetic.

Having said that though they could have done something much much better with her.
Starting with the makeup like ??? Hair is also pissing me off.
It was the same issue with Raquel Zimmermann's latest Vogue Brazil cover or what the people used to do with Daria under her Celine era lol.

Conclusion: to sell HIGH DRAMA + gorgeous beauty + out of this world haute couture garments from the top designers then ON VOGUE COVERS we need 200% Glamour : hence great hair and makeup, not any of that ''no makeup and no hair'' trend that has been happening for a while now.

I used to be a fan of Szilvester's photography at first but with each new ed I find myself liking it less. He should stop with all the stupid gimmicks and focus on good composition and styling.

Horrible. Do even hipsters still care about something like this?

This magazine used to be so upfront, unusual, edge… now its just regular

This magazine used to be so upfront, unusual, edge… now its just regular
That's the reason why they changed all the team....they wanted to be regular...

imagine the shot of Steinberg wearing the Schiaparelli dress for the cover. just imagine. ugh

What a mess! So many directions!

I really liked the cover where she's wearing Prada, though. It's unconventional, but I like it. There's something really fashion-forward and creative about it.

The editions of Vogue that try to be art mags sincerely bother me more than any of the half-baked garbage we see in something like Vogue UK now.
yeah, well at least we get something interesting to look at out of their attempts, instead of the continuous boredom the main ones give us every month. but i'm with you, the artsy stuff often derails quickly

The editions of Vogue that try to be art mags sincerely bother me more than any of the half-baked garbage we see in something like Vogue UK now.

I agree, the problem or me is that these Vogue smaller editions want to recreate sooooo badly what Franca Sozzani and Steven Meisel did at Italian Vogue for more than 25 years: THEY ALL WANT TO BE VERY ARTSY and creative and ''weird'' but to throw a lamp or something on a model with a green skirt and yellow funky pumps and to tell her to not move and to throw water at her while she picks up a book doesn't make it HIGH FASHION it's just stupid :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't want to see these photos, but you ALL know that in their offices these people pat themselves so much on the back ahahaah thinking ''we are soooo clever and we are that s**t, we killed it, we did an awesome shoot'' like ''photoshop is my passion'' type of people :lol:. And yes on the other side you have pure boredom and garbage edits at British Vogue and US Bazaar that wouldn't even interest indie magazines. What a sad moment in fashion. To me it's like we're living under the ''grunge'' era / moment of magazines ahaahha hopefully we get to a new phrase like YESTERDAY !

Never been one to ride the Gwendoline Christie train and genuinely couldn't care less about her being on the cover of Vogue. Vogue Czechoslovakia is genuinely more miss than hit nowadays, so I am not at all surprised to find myself being majorly underwhelmed by this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marianaluciatorres134
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->