Vogue France February 2024 : Chloë Sevigny by Larissa Hoffman

for people who don't see INSTA photo

vogue.fr

ocr.jpg

The look could've worked better without the tights. Also, the story as a whole seemed like a hodgepodge of ideas.

Nonetheless, I'm happy to see Chloë on a cover! Love her

Happy for Chloe. Now she has VF and VI covers under her belt. Wish both were amazing, but the fact she scored Vogue again is beyond exciting.

American Vogue dropped a Life In Looks video;

My digital copy is showing 148 pages.

In the editorial section, the cover story is followed by a reprint of the "New Horizons" edit by Jack Davison, then a reprint of Sienna Miller's US Vogue cover story, then a reprint of the Sabato de Sarno piece with Lila Moss, then a reprint of the Lui Wen 'walking in the street' story.

In the editorial section, the cover story is followed by a reprint of the "New Horizons" edit by Jack Davison, then a reprint of Sienna Miller's US Vogue cover story, then a reprint of the Sabato de Sarno piece with Lila Moss, then a reprint of the Lui Wen 'walking in the street' story.
Why bother print if its all online two months early, this i don’t get
Its not like the cover story is the selling point cause it’s literally two pics inside

That's one of the problems with rolling out these reprints across all editions - they can so quickly become dated, or in the case of Vogue Australia, they can be completely out of season to begin with.

What kind of impression does it make, when your edition contains a reprint from somewhere else that's now two or three months old?

Conde Nast are relying on the idea that people buying the print copies won't know (or care) that the content is reprint upon reprint.

But how does that work, when the only people left buying print are those who have a passion for print, and therefore might be more aware than most of the wider world of Vogue?

And now Conde Nast have taken it further by, as you say, putting the content online several months before the print edition even shows up, so even those people who never read another edition know the story is old news.

Imagine being one of Conde Nast's mythical print purchasers, with virgin eyes, who lives in ignorance that a Lila Moss story can be deemed so vital it's reprinted five times, and who only had to see it once.

I'm sorry but do french people really care about Sienna Miller?? At least pick other reprint content that relates more to your reader? Idk, I'm not french though.. maybe they really do care about Sienna Miller...

^^^Maybe the draw to reprint the Sienna story is really Annie...

Like @Xone noted, the best and only worthy selects are the cover and the last shot. Other than reprints galore,. “Meres Modeles” may be an original— or maybe a reprint from Milk Magazine… For anyone that cares to see how this once legendary Vogue has been reduced to a provincial desktop-publishing supplement that's typically found at the doctor's waiting area:

1 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg
7 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg8 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg9 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg10 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg

2 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg3 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg4 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg5 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg6 Vogue_2024_02_France.jpg
Vogue France

I really wonder who the target audience for Vogue France is now. I used to buy Vogue Paris but I would never buy Vogue France. It's stale and covers are no longer striking ...

^^^Maybe the draw to reprint the Sienna story is really Annie...

Like @Xone noted, the best and only worthy selects are the cover and the last shot. Other than reprints galore,. “Meres Modeles” may be an original— or maybe a reprint from Milk Magazine… For anyone that cares to see how this once legendary Vogue has been reduced to a provincial desktop-publishing supplement that's typically found at the doctor's waiting area:

View attachment 1246181
View attachment 1246182View attachment 1246183View attachment 1246184View attachment 1246185

View attachment 1246186View attachment 1246187View attachment 1246188View attachment 1246189View attachment 1246190
Vogue France
This magazine is so sad...

The mothers and models editorial is just cringe! It looks like they found random kids at a daycare.

The problem with Vogue France is that they are trying to be down to earth when the DTE publication is historically ELLE.
Vogue is snobbish and shouldn’t try to be something else…

I love Chloe and I love that a real fashion icon gets a cover. It’s a bit random but why not…

Nevertheless, forgettable!

This is so low for Vogue Paris. Knowing it’s one of the big 4 editions of Vogue.

Only thing I dislike is her expression otherwise I love everything else. Its giving 70s 100%

Even though it's not the most abysmal cover by today's standards, everything else in this issue is utterly sad! Would be straight to the bin for me.

I'm only able to imagine what we would've got had either Roitfeld or Alt still been at the helm of this magazine, with the likes of Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott profiling Chloë Sevigny for something super high-fashion, something super glossy and super sexy! This is the complete opposite, and the only element I can appreciate is the red overload.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->