Vogue France March 2023 : Jisoo by Hugo Comte

Oh, wow! I'd never expect this day to happen. What a pleasant surprise. Such a gorgeous cover.

Well, Asian girlies on Vogue France... let us rejoice.

Terrible. I don't have it in me to elaborate on another negative response today. All I have is terrible.

I love blackpink but they’re so overexposed. I’m sick of seeing them in vogue and I’m sick of them being forced to only wear the brands they’re ambassadors of. Jisoo is always in Dior, Jennie in Chanel, Rose is in Saint Laurent and Lisa in Celine. If they have to be on a cover every month I’d at least like to see them wearing something different

The worst is not that they are
overexposed, the worst thing is that exposure is always accompanied by a terrible job! If only once they delivered something worthy of what this magazine once was...

She looks so great and gorgeous, better than her any other magazine covers. So happy for her.

How do you have a fashion special with a brand ambassador?

If they wanted to celebrate Korean fashion and/or the expansion of Korean pop culture, there are other better choices that could have delivered better than the Blackpink girls who, at this point, are all hype in the industry. I’m yet to be wowed by their print work, but who cares? People buy it.

Good strategy though. This will surely be Vogue France’s best-selling issue in years.

The airbrushing around her arms look weird to me. Don't get the fake background either. It's a no to me.

How do you have a fashion special with a brand ambassador?

If they wanted to celebrate Korean fashion and/or the expansion of Korean pop culture, there are other better choices that could have delivered better than the Blackpink girls who, at this point, are all hype in the industry. I’m yet to be wowed by their print work, but who cares? People buy it.

Good strategy though. This will surely be Vogue France’s best-selling issue in years.
It’s crazy, Harpers Bazaar PH i think, its having Lisa on the cover and released a boxset with the 5 different covers, and the fans buy all :ninja:

Awful, I'm officially done with this edition!
It seems it's not about shaping a new France, a new aesthetic, this cover sends a clear message. She's after mass appeal a la American Vogue, even if it means sinking to the lowest common denominator which is Blackpink much like Anna Wintour did as well when she gave Kim a cover. I can smell the desperation coming from Vogue France.

What was supposed to be a special moment (the first OG Asian woman on French Vogue) is now a non-event.

To be fair, she's the least overexposed one.

That's why I was very happy when I first saw this cover. For an overrated group, she's ironically underrated. Glad she scored a big Vogue cover.

With that being said, I saw a photo from her editorial, and it was beyond horrible.

I must be the only one who likes the cover. I haven't seen the editorial but otherwise its great to see Jisoo get a cover. Unexpected for Vogue France

What on EARTH HAPPENED THIS DAY. First Vogue Italia and now France. Need my medication.

It almost looks like it's a panting, I quite like it. I feel like a burgundy background would've looked better tho.

Is not that bad, actually is the first cover that I like of BP (or a member) since Vogue China

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iabsolvejordan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->