Vogue Germany December 2018 : Anja Rubik by Giampaolo Sgura

Sorry but it looks fanmade, it´s very amateur, from the photo chosen to the fonts and layout and altogether it´s not working for me at all.

Nothing works.

It doesn’t even look like Anna.

I think it's a beautiful image, her face looks great, but it doesn't work as a cover at all. The pieces are way too heavy. This cover could've been done justice with more detail. Perhaps a dust of snowflakes of the pieces, and definitely zoomed out showing a snow-covered background. Just paint more of a clearer picture and add some production value. That's what's wrong with fashion magazines nowadays, and possibly the reason why they'll lose in the fight against Instagram. The lack of production value. Meanwhile influencers travel the world and try to cram so much (too much at times) detail into one shot.

the picture is stretched a bit, but I can see it's a beautiful shoot here. A striking makeup could have blown me away just because the fake fur blanket doesn't help.

Where the f is FASHION? Where's the glamour? Where's VOGUE?

She looks like she purchased a rug on Target and wore it around her head. Home couture.

The hobo lewk is not back. This magazine is just dated.

Doesn't look like Anja at all.

Giampaolo Sgura commented on @art8amby page that the image is deformed, so not sure if VG posted the incorrect image or something else happened

^Guess it does look somewhat better on Vogue Germany's website:

VOGUE.DE

It looks like a terrible advertisement for 'eco living'.

I like it :(
It gave me a iamamiwhoami vibes.
Maybe if we could see more of her head or maybe 'feel'/see the wind blowing somehow it would be a 10/10 december cover.

Lol! WTf is this! What a horrible year this was for them, for magazines in general. But i feel like VG really had terrible covers, especially!

No, c'mon. How do you select that cover image? The asymmetry in her eyes is so glaring.

She looks like Mirte Maas, thats all the positive I can say about this image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->