Vogue Germany December 2018 : Anja Rubik by Giampaolo Sgura

From the country that invented so many Christmasy things, I would've expected something more festive instead of this awful piece of garbage.

Questionable choice for the cover, but not a bad image.

I really adore this cover, but to be fair I always love Anja for Vogue Germany :heart:

Code : Cool
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Christiane Arp
Model: Anja Rubik

Vogue Germany Digital Edition

KNALLZART
PHOTOGRAPHER: CLAUDIA KNOEPFEL
STYLING: NICOLA KNELS

WELTENWANDERN
PHOTOGRAPHER: NICOLE MARIA WINKLER
STYLING: MAXIMILIAN AUFSCHNAITER

This cover could've been done justice with more detail. Perhaps a dust of snowflakes on the pieces, and definitely zoomed out showing a snow-covered background. Just paint more of a clearer picture and add some production value.

So he ACTUALLY shot on location, but none of that was shown on the cover!?! Lol, ok. The editorial had potential to be great, but I'm not sold on Anja's poses and his cropping. If it depended on me I'd have pushed for the Moncler x Pierpaolo puffer bolero set to be on the cover, and try to get a cheque out of them for it. The white look on white snowy backdrop would've been way better and less cluttered. With a frosty blue font. Done. It would also be somewhat unique because everyone else are either doing festive colours or summer/studio settings for December. Arp missed the boat.

It's the only highlight based on what's posted so far. The rest is uneventful. Thanks for posting, @Scotty :flower:

Another letdown of a cover from Vogue Germany! What a disappointing way to end 2018, especially due to the fact the magazine's proved themselves on multiple occasions in the past of being able to produce a stunning and festive December cover (2008 and 2010 immediately springing to mind).

Anja's face needed to be more in the forefront as opposed to us just seeing a mass of texture, a white masthead would've brightened up the cover and there's no denying the fact the magazine's current choice in fonts and layout needs work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->