Vogue Germany July/August 2022 : Naomi Campbell by Dan Martensen

This issue is an exact carbon copy of this months British Vogue. The same editorials, page by page. Oh yeah I forgot, 4 or 5 black and white shots of Naomi... but nothing to get exciting about. By this time Conde Nast should really stop pretending they're interested in anything remotely local and and just scrap all these editions. Create your Vogue Europe and that's that, why continue trying to sell this as innovative or whatever... I really don't get it.

maybe it’s a multi cover issue with other icons? *dreams of Claudia Schiffer*

Unfortunately not ... this issue just mentions the term "Icon" throughout, there are some reprints of Karl Lagerfeld's photographs from the Vogue Germany archive (not even really good ones sadly...) and some other things. So yes, only the Naomi cover.

Very bland cover, the editorial is too simple. Sad than Naomi can't pose her face on the latest photoshoots or advertisements than she appears on these days.

I said this same thing about it being an 'ICONS' issue, but only 1 Icon and that German Vogue should check it's grammar and I got yelled at by a German for insulting the magazine lol.

Is the articles written by the local team or is the same in UK vogue?

This issue is an exact carbon copy of this months British Vogue. The same editorials, page by page. Oh yeah I forgot, 4 or 5 black and white shots of Naomi... but nothing to get exciting about. By this time Conde Nast should really stop pretending they're interested in anything remotely local and and just scrap all these editions. Create your Vogue Europe and that's that, why continue trying to sell this as innovative or whatever... I really don't get it.
Is the articles written by the local team?

0722_Coverstory_mit-Logo_High-RES_3.jpg
0722_Coverstory_mit-Logo_High-RES_4.jpg

0722_Coverstory_mit-Logo_HIGH-RES_6.jpg

0722_Coverstory_mit-Logo_High-RES_5.jpg

0722_Coverstory_mit-Logo_Medium-RES_1.jpg

Naomi Campbell auf dem Cover der deutschen VOGUE

By this time Conde Nast should really stop pretending they're interested in anything remotely local and and just scrap all these editions. Create your Vogue Europe and that's that, why continue trying to sell this as innovative or whatever... I really don't get it.

But, but... re-prints are innovative... international collaboration... fashion beyond borders... global vision... fashion as a universal language...

tumblr_ni915k1Say1rl3565o1_250.gifv

thebluths.tumblr.com

How this magazine still exists is one of the new wonders of the world.

Is the articles written by the local team or is the same in UK vogue?

A few short articles and columns are written by the local team. There's one about the opening of the new Dior flagship/exhibition in Paris, I guess that's gonna pop up in all the international editions, not sure where it was released first. Then there's one where german actress Iris Berben opens up her wardrobe. That and the Karl Lagerfeld reprints are literally the only reference to the country this issue is published in.

I think in the end I'll cancel my subcription and see which Vogue might be worth getting each month. There's just no real reason to buy "different" issues anymore.

NAOMI
Photography:
Dan Martensen
Styling: Kate Phelan
Hair: Rio
Make-up: Angloma
Model: Naomi Campbell

weibo

Naomi is best when she's not being "Naomi" in my opinion. I like her better when there is a concept, otherwise it's become yawn inducing.

I should be counting my blessings over a supermodel gracing the cover of Vogue. However, with this, I just feel as though Edward Enninful continues to dish out covers to his friends. The cover is far from Naomi Campbell's finest moment and I find everything from the styling to the photography bland.

I should be counting my blessings over a supermodel gracing the cover of Vogue. However, with this, I just feel as though Edward Enninful continues to dish out covers to his friends. The cover is far from Naomi Campbell's finest moment and I find everything from the styling to the photography bland.

I think the problem here is the photographer ...Naomi is not easy to shoot, but people that have shot her say that she is very professional and gives a lot once she gets to set (I hear she is never on time and teams have waited for hours for her to arrive).
Having said that, you don't pair Naomi with Dan Martensen, it's just a wasted opportunity....
His work is always forgettable at best, and that's when it doesn't look like a test for a model agency....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->