Vogue Germany August 2018 by Daniel Jackson

Love Edie's and Anja's covers!

Anja's cover is very striking, also Doutzen's is very beautiful, Naomi's and Eddie's are boring

Anja's is the most intriguing to me, but they're all gorgeous covers.

That's what I'm also thinking. I'm not going to complain about activism, it's needed for sure, what does make me somewhat suspicious is the way magazines are treating it. Like a trend. Very soon agents will arm their models with causes similar to the way they've been pushing these girls to build up a social media following. It will become, like you say, a popularity contest. Because it seems the models with causes are the ones who are mostly booking big covers and edits.

I share your sentiments, but I will say I'll take the model with the best cause over the model with the most instagram followers any time. I think Toni once said that she always uses followers when she posts about her charity work and Africa, so it seems those two are a similar kind of trend, but (thus far) not compatible.

What bothers me most about this activist stuff is how utterly unpolitical it seems to me. I'm only familiar with some of those model charities, but the ones I know focus on building schools, saving animals etc. without ever talking about the political dimension behind it. Their idea of charity seems so stuck in the 90's, when everybody still thought raising enough money and awareness would make poverty and violence disappear. It's a good thing they do raise money and awareness, but it's also the easiest way to be an 'activist' (once you have a considerable audience anyway), and certainly one that won't lead to structural and fundamental change. Shiny happy people activism.

Anja's cover is my favourite; she has the perfect profile to pull off this kind of shot. Seeing the list of models featured I can't help but feel annoyed that Alek didn't get a cover

A series of banal covers (think I'd have to have Naomi's if I was forced to) but there are indeed some truly beautiful shots from Daniel Jackson's cover feature. Naomi Campbell has photographed wonderfully here and Edie Campbell's definitely a standout amongst the others too.

Thank you for posting, 9sete! :heart:

I'm sure the mood of this editorial will appeal to the German Vogue reader. Cold, joyless, sterile and drenched in monotony. The styling can't event come through because of his eyerolling angles. However great Edie's cover looks, I'm not prepared to invest in an issue filled with Jackson studio shots.

That's what I'm also thinking. I'm not going to complain about activism, it's needed for sure, what does make me somewhat suspicious is the way magazines are treating it. Like a trend. Very soon agents will arm their models with causes similar to the way they've been pushing these girls to build up a social media following. It will become, like you say, a popularity contest. Because it seems the models with causes are the ones who are mostly booking big covers and edits.

This already happens. If a celebrity's political opinions do not align with that of the ones they are expected to by hollywood and the media. They will be shunned out of the spotlight and their careers are ruined. Its inevitable to be honest.

I'm loving all four covers - Anja's most as my bias :wub: but they all look so fab. The camera loves them :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->