Vogue Germany March 2024 : Claudia Schiffer by Luigi & Iango

Is this a new concept: "the big six"? I've never put Kate in the same category as the rest. Even Claudia is tenuous, at best.
How do you mean? :shock:
Claudia was photographed by Avedon AND Meisel. And at the peak of the supermodels enjoyed just as much fame as the others. She's without a doubt one of the supers.

Avedon , Meisel , Irving Penn, Herb Ritts, Newton....

How do you mean? :shock:
Claudia was photographed by Avedon AND Meisel. And at the peak of the supermodels enjoyed just as much fame as the others. She's without a doubt one of the supers.
Oh, I just meant that I view Claudia as her own phenomenon as a model. A bit separate from Cindy, Naomi, Christy and Linda. Not that she wasn't a supermodel!!! Which is why I think it's silly when people act like she's "snubbed" from group shots of those four. I was commenting on how stupid the "big six" (since when??) label is.

(Personally, I'd take Claudia over at least two of those models.)

Snubbed - or has she been making Gisele-style decisions that ensure she's the star of what she does, not part of a group, not lost in a crowd and not outshone by anyone else?
She was sbubbed. They focus on those four because they were part of the British Vogue cover, Freedom '90 and the Versace finale. They achived so much fame around the world like no other models in the past. From Russia to Fiji, everybody knew about them, including Claudia. Recently Claudia wasn't part of Edward's finale because she didn't appeared on the cover over the last seven years. Believe it or not, it turns out that Claudia, even with all the work and fame she had as the rest, she wasn't paired with the others mostly because that cover, that video and that fashion show, and still 30 years later she's been pulled out. Now I want to add something that could be out of topic. I suspect the producers of the series didn't called Tatjana due to her low profile and of course her health. She was alive when this was made it. I haven't seen the series. There's a mention of Tatjana and other girls?

Stephanie, Karen, Helena and Nadja can be paired with them. Kate ended that era of supers and started the heroin chic/grunge model type that finish with the rise of Gisele. I always recall three periods in modern fashion naming just one model from each era: Linda-Kate-Gisele. After then models started to lose the spot they used to have in pop culture. Anna tried to revamp those times with Kendall and Gigi (even I love the last one), but it was never close to repeat that peak.

Last edited by a moderator:
^with that hair, we would have shredded that cover :stuart: but it works in the ed, imo

That KITTY 😍 A Scottish Fold on a German magazine.

You can keep the rest.

Wow she doesn’t change much. What an exhilarating cover, love the smile

The Trinity were/are for the girls and the gays and were the nyc/milan/Paris fashion it girls. Even Christy said straight men were never her audience. That was Cindy and Claudia’s area. Cindy and Claudia reached the non fashion fanbase a lot more. They both were the highest paid/got the most covers of their era. It’s normal for people to feel like Claudia was snubbed bc she was so massive. Even though a lot of ppl hate her walk she even was the model with the highest runway fee according to Forbes and was the first Model in history to reach over 1,000 magazine covers.

I hate bc of one documentary people question Claudia supermodel title. Also it seems right after the docu, she walked Versace. Donatella was probably even perplexed. lol

Snubbed - or has she been making Gisele-style decisions that ensure she's the star of what she does, not part of a group, not lost in a crowd and not outshone by anyone else?

None of the Supers are outshined by anyone. Gisele is no part of any group because she was the only relevant model of her generation and almost forgotten.

:doh:

Last edited:
Claudia did all the Haute Couture ... With Helena , Nadja, Carla , Yasmeen

Straight guys don't know who are Christy and Linda, hahaha, that's super correct. Impossible to ignore Naomi because she's a celebrity, her personality and carisma are bigger than her own career (just like Kate). Then is Cindy, and she was the ultimate sex symbol after her Pepsi ads. Most of the people knew her trough those commercials, and also did Playboy like Naomi. Prince dedicated a song to her because she rejected him. Cindy was the most wanted woman on Earth. Of course being the partner of Richard Gere gave her more fame among regular people. And Claudia was the most popular name around the world. If you ask about fashion to the people outide that world in the 90s, their answear of their knowledge will be Claudia or Naomi. Claudia represented the beauty standard of the late 80s and early 90s. Also Claudia became more famous for dating Copperfield at the time. That couple was a dreamy fairytale for popular culture. I remember that as a kid, I was in love with that pair together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amsivi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->