Vogue Germany March 2024 : Claudia Schiffer by Luigi & Iango

This photo bothers me, why is she holding the kitty like a bag of potatoes. 😹😾

51UDz3lcOgfgf1w.jpg
The more I stare at this image, the more unhinged it starts to get... Even her face, I can't stare at it for too long because the smile and eyes with the hair start to become deranged and enters "crazy cat lady" territory 😹

The rest of this I don't hate, except for the background. The styling could be better too, but the black and white imagery kind of dulls it all down so I suppose that's a little hard to elevate when a lot of the fabrics here suck in the light. Even the pleather/PVC/leather. So amorphous.

Admittedly, this isn't the most strongest I've seen from Claudia and Luigi & Iango but it's Claudia back where she belongs on the cover of Vogue Germany, and for that, I won't complain. The peach masthead works beautifully with the colouring of the cover image, and L&I's black and white always thrills me to no end. Way to go forward, Kerstin Weng!

My library's digital copy is showing 244 pages.

At the front of the issue, there's a shoot by Berta Pfirsich with model Liv Walters, which might be original content, but there's also a lot of reprinted imagery, including an accessories edit, a mother-and-child feature, and a Sandra Hüller interview photo from Vanity Fair. There's also a garish beauty editorial shot by Noemi Ottilia Szabo, which may or may not be original content. I'm betting... not.

The cover story is followed by the Miuccia Prada reprint without the Gigi images, followed by women-designing-women, then a months-old reprint from UK Vogue with Angelina, Awar, Chu and Jill Kortleve in front of flags and squiggly shapes, then a current reprint of Emily Ratajkowski carring big bags, then a reprint of Scott Trindle's fairly recent Sara Choi and América González editorial, the Delphine Arnault interview, ending with a reprint of Dan Martensen's Liu-Wen-in-the-street shoot.

I'm not the worlds biggest Claudia fan, but this does feel like a fitting cover story for this edition, probably the best they've had in a while. Also, all these reprints feel more at home in German Vogue than in most other editions, but that might not necessarily be a compliment.

Am I becoming a huge fan of that plus-size cat? Haha.
Excuse me!? he is HEALTHY. 🐱

He also looks pretty docile, and like he resists an uncomfortable position but not enough to protest because.. high level of trust with his owner (look at the back paws in this shot- they're not not open, he knows mom's being stupid but definitely not dropping him lol).

Might be biased but these last pics with her cat are the best I've seen her look since her 90s work. She looks gorgeous and radiant and please, let's keep it that way because I can feel the presence of the daughter looming in and I feel like that's all we're going to get moving forward (the hard launch, mom and daughter, daughter, daughter with the mom assisting her..).

I keep wanting to say, a big plus point with Claudia is that she's not pushing her eldest daughter on the public... yet. Let them follow their own path in life, and be their own person!

But if that were to happen, given their current social background, Tatler could be the first place we'd see it happening.

I keep wanting to say, a big plus point with Claudia is that she's not pushing her eldest daughter on the public... yet. Let them follow their own path in life, and be their own person!

But if that were to happen, given their current social background, Tatler could be the first place we'd see it happening.

Sorry, It was British Vogue.
1708889166398.png

1708889132498.png

Supermodel Clementine Vaughn.
1708889210985.png
source: instagram

She's also had mentions / photos in Tatler, but only as part of their social features where 99 other people are included in the list, nothing major as of yet.

May this supermodel scion find another passion. 🙏

Claudia's daughter is gorgeous. Future Meisel girl 🤗

View attachment 1251333

The longer I look at it the more insane the photoshop on her arm looks.

It must be… natural??? It can’t be an retouching error that was overlooked since anyone with passable vision, let alone an editor’s eye (of which means nothing to Vogue these days) must see that’s it’s so weird looking and so glaringly unnatural LOL

The shoot is decent enough. These guys always make at least a decent effort. But the full story is awful: It’s sexy Claudia; it’s tomboy Claudia; it's edgy Claudia; it’s commercial Claudia etc etc ...It’s all very agency new model basic comp card layout.

1 Vogue_Germany.3.24.jpg
2 Vogue_Germany.3.24.jpg3 Vogue_Germany.3.24.jpg4 Vogue_Germany.3.24.jpg5 Vogue_Germany.3.24.jpg6 Vogue_Germany.3.24.jpg7 Vogue_Germany.3.24.jpg8 Vogue_Germany.3.24.jpg
Vogue Germany March 2024

^ I still can’t see what’s wrong with the arm. I’m 🕳️ lol

^^^ LOL Mullet: Bend your arm at a 90° angle and see if the crease is as unnaturally long and freakishly 2D as Claudia’s on the cover select. Report back….

(The same elbow-fold is evident on the doublepage-spread of her and it’s…more natural, even with all teh pressure of her body leaning against it.)

Thank you! Definitely no jealousy here, and not a single bit of bitter feelings of any kind. And I do not despise the Supermodels, they're just not my cup of tea as I (too longly) explained earlier.

And Linda Evangelista, for example, is not my cup of tea at all. Her work is not the kind of modeling that makes my eyes melt, not the kind that feeds my imagination (as for her mainstream appeal, as it was mentioned, I knew her before I started being involved in or even interested in fashion because she used to date some french football player or something...). Just as I didn't like Coco Rocha's modeling (that was my era, this time), especially with Meisel, even if I couldn't deny it was something special to witness. There are many talented models, for nearly as many reasons. Some are chameleons, some have their signature style, some aren't versatile but can rely on their specific looks or auras etc. After, it's a matter of taste. But, again, no jealousy (jealousy about what? I don't even get it...) or reason to despise what doesn't please my own taste.

Back to this particuliar Vogue issue, as I said, I truly love the cover and feels bad for the editorial that is clearly not as thrilling. Rather plain and generic compared to the tongue-in-cheek composition of the cover. But that's Vogue nowadays, I assume. That's a much bigger problem to me (the current state of so many magazines) than the way one person or another feels about one model's or another's talent. Or, sadly enough to me, about her popularity or "icon" status, things I don't really care about at the end of the day.
what? the editorial is amazing ! lol !and I would have thought you like it !

what? the editorial is amazing ! lol !and I would have thought you like it !
I guess you haven't read my post a few lines below then! I don't like all the images and the first ones published gave me some kind of mixed feelings... but the next round was way more my taste :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnybackstage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->