Vogue Germany May 2009 : Arlenis Sosa Peña by Alexi Lubomirski

Wow, I love it!:woot: All the eds are beautiful, especially Diva de Luxor and Dream On! Magic Black is really strong on the other hand:heart:

Fantastic issue, classic German Vogue, thanks so much for all the previews achAT. :flower:

Ana Claudia! :woot:
Looks like a great issue, I'm loving the previews.

I bought the issue today (my first one would you believe) :clap:.

It's overall strong, although quite thin, just over 240 pages. The Meghan and Dree ed is stunning and the best even though I expected a bit more from some of the shots. Ana Claudia's one is O.K, there are two really amazing shots (with her on a fairy-tale bed topless in Chloe and one of her in a bathtub in Cavalli), otherwise it's alright. Arlenis' one is also strong. I didn't care for the Jewllery one.

BTW there's an article on Gossip Girl (again) which is nothing new and one on the 'Model As A Muse' to tie in with the MET, although I found it quite boring as the writer is just reminiscing on her own experiences (not particularly exciting). And she kind of stupidly references great editors and photographers who contributed to helping the muse, but she only mentioned female ones. Since when did Von Unwerth or Simmons contribute to making someone a muse :ninja:? It's was a little sexist :P

But yeah good issue overall!

I love Arlenis's look on the cover and I really like the issue in general, Vogue Germany always delivers for me ^_^

This issue is truly bad. The articles are boring which is highly unusual for Vogue Deutsch and I hate every single editorial, especially because the styling is always soooo far off. This is actually the first time I've seen a black model in Vogue Deutsch, so at least something.

This is actually the first time I've seen a black model in Vogue Deutsch, so at least something.

About 12-15 years ago, the magazine used to run about two covers a year with non-white models on the front, ranging from Kiara and Beverley Peele through to Yasmeen Ghauri, not to mention the Naomi covers.

And Vogue Deutsch will always be notable to me for having an Asian on the cover when most European magazines were pretending they didn't exist. November 1998 with Ling Tang (image source - iconography).

Attachments

• Ling.jpg
    Ling.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 320
I bought the issue today (my first one would you believe) :clap:.

It's overall strong, although quite thin, just over 240 pages. The Meghan and Dree ed is stunning and the best even though I expected a bit more from some of the shots. Ana Claudia's one is O.K, there are two really amazing shots (with her on a fairy-tale bed topless in Chloe and one of her in a bathtub in Cavalli), otherwise it's alright. Arlenis' one is also strong. I didn't care for the Jewllery one.

BTW there's an article on Gossip Girl (again) which is nothing new and one on the 'Model As A Muse' to tie in with the MET, although I found it quite boring as the writer is just reminiscing on her own experiences (not particularly exciting). And she kind of stupidly references great editors and photographers who contributed to helping the muse, but she only mentioned female ones. Since when did Von Unwerth or Simmons contribute to making someone a muse :ninja:? It's was a little sexist :P

But yeah good issue overall!

Von Unwerth shooting Claudia for Guess in the early 90's was pretty iconic and was quite a contribution to her career and status as a muse I guess...

I am loving the previews, thank you for posting achAT. :flower:

I am most excited to see Koto Bolofo's ed though. I can't get enough of his work.

Von Unwerth shooting Claudia for Guess in the early 90's was pretty iconic and was quite a contribution to her career and status as a muse I guess...

Good point but I couldn't recall that relationship being mentioned. I only remember a Gisele and Lagerfeld shoot being mentioned...I skimmed through it though and my German's not perfect.

About 12-15 years ago, the magazine used to run about two covers a year with non-white models on the front, ranging from Kiara and Beverley Peele through to Yasmeen Ghauri, not to mention the Naomi covers.

And Vogue Deutsch will always be notable to me for having an Asian on the cover when most European magazines were pretending they didn't exist. November 1998 with Ling Tang (image source - iconography).

I cannot speak about the past of this magazine, for I've been buying it for about three years now, but recently I have noticed the lack of black or Asian girls in Vogue Deutsch. I think that's a pity but I don't think there is a malevolent motivation behind this.

Even if the eds weren't completely scanned, I already loved them, especially Arlenis's and Meghan's. Meghan's been doing a great job in Vogue Germany!

but recently I have noticed the lack of black or Asian girls in Vogue Deutsch. I think that's a pity but I don't think there is a malevolent motivation behind this.

I don't think so either. For my tastes, the magazine went downhill when they changed the editor - some years ago - but Angelica Blechschmidt had been at the helm for twenty years or so, it was inevitable that the magazine would put a different person in charge eventually, to 'modernise' it.

But modernisation seemed to mean only seeing white people on the cover - with Naomi used once, I think - so I'm glad to see this issue could herald a return to Vogue Deutsch's more varied choices for who to feature on the front.

love how Arlenis looks in the ed...and her hair on the cover is gorgeous

I scanned the rest of Meghan's and Dree's AMAZING ed :crush: (unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with the last -and IMO most beautiful- pic :()

my scans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->