Vogue Germany November 2023 : Kim Petras by Micaiah Carter

There isn't anything glamorous or elegant about looking like you're ready to fall over yourself if you make the slightest move. What's going on with those feet?

It's like someone on holiday, getting drunk in a hotel room, dressing up as Rita Hayworth, trying to pose seductively before they miss the wall and fall on the floor. Good times... but not a good cover.

What is this? What a waste!

You had someone as gorgeous as Kim Petras and you give us this? Lol. Vogue has lost the narrative.

She looks glamorous. Shame the light, too much shade.

The hand placement is very Turn Off The Light album cover.

This had potential, but once again no one in publishing has any idea how to produce a cover at this point.

with that poor feet placement,i would have elongate the dress..

My digital copy is showing 244 pages.

The "just stand in a field" edit from UK Vogue is reprinted at the front, plus a reprint of the same accessories edit I've seen in other editions. As an aside I notice Hot Felon is in an advert for Gisada perfumes.). There's a months-old reprint of the Zadie Smith interview, plus a more recent reprint from UK Vogue of the Saltburn feature, with Barry Keoghan, Rosamund Pike, etc.

The cover story continues the 'amateur hour' feel of the cover shot, but if it's meant to be mildly kitsch, it would work on that level. This is followed by the Mexico City reprint, the Angelina Jolie reprint, the Goodbye to Vogue House reprint, the actress-in-the-70s reprint, the Lila Moss reprint, ending with the French Vogue cover story reprint with Malika and Ikram.

I can see why Vogue House might be relevant to the British version, especially if you're stuck for content during the strike, but it's essentially a celebration of failure, a failure that sees you leave a building that is apparently so iconic, it not only merits creating a cover story, but also to reprint that story in all these other editions.

To be honest, I've lost count of the times I've listened to Dirty Things from Kim Petras' new album, so I don't mind seeing her on the cover of Vogue Germany. Not mad at the whole Marilyn Monroe concept here either. Undoubtedly one of Vogue Germany's more stronger cover offerings this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->