Vogue Germany October 2019 : Diane Kruger by Juergen Teller

Previews. Source model-management.de

2019-10-Oktober-Ausgabe-Mit-Logo-3.jpg 2019-10-Oktober-Ausgabe-Mit-Logo-5.jpg

This is just soooo 2001, which I don’t like.
This graffiti wall which isn’t match with dress and her mole face.
Graffiti matches with street wear or tailored black oversize clothes like Marie amelie sauve styled in her golden years.
I guess this is first time when Juergen teller contributes to German vogue. Which is kinda odd, because aside from Peter Lindbergh, he is German pride. And he always came back to his German roots in his work.

This is just soooo 2001, which I don’t like.
This graffiti wall which isn’t match with dress and her mole face.
Graffiti matches with street wear or tailored black oversize clothes like Marie amelie sauve styled in her golden years.
I guess this is first time when Juergen teller contributes to German vogue. Which is kinda odd, because aside from Peter Lindbergh, he is German pride. And he always came back to his German roots in his work.
Why would a bold and colourful dress not match with a bold and colourful graffiti wall?

Mikel, that’s just looking as old momma trying to appropriate young subculture. I know, lots of magazines did it, but only few succeed, I seriously can’t even recall any of shooting made in this aesthetic. Bold feminine clothing or haute couture and graffiti. Graffiti looks convenient with oversize layered graphic styling and some streetwear because it’s from the same story.

For the anniversary edition of 40 years of Vogue Germany, Teller not only contributed the cover story (and photographed Diane Kruger in Berlin), but also a photographic portfolio that presents his own personal view and memories of his homeland (his adoptive home since 1986 in London). Under the title "Wieso" it shows pictures of German personalities such as Wolfgang Joop or Jogi Löw, of German specialties such as Currywurst, sandwiches or Birkenstocks, of wastelands, still lifes and moods

vogue.de

Ew, and just like that I have a whole new appreciation for those September covers with Adut Akech and Rebecca Leigh Longendyke.

Ouch! I'll just stick to my copy of French Marie Claire with ms Kruger on the cover.

Love this cover ! It's fun, engaging and eye-catching.
I like how the masterhead seems to be coming form the wall. It should have been the september cover

I usually don't like Teller, but somehow this works for me! It must be due to Diane: I love her and her energy.

We have a winner for the Cover Challenge. Ugliest cover.

What on earth is this? The background is and eyesore. The styling is too much for the setting. The art direction is pathethic.

People got paid for this? Really?

Oh Madame Arp. Do better. With the rate of your covers, history will not be kind on your legacy.

A tip for CN Editors, always create your BEST cover. Editors come and go, so always make sure that every issue is the best one cause it might be the last. Davydova, Doletskaya, Roitfeld are a testament.

Imagine if this was Arp's last. What legacy?

80 pages of random people and food inside Vogue? Ew.
I never liked Juergen except for some of his older shoots and Céline ads but this is just so... what? I don't have words for it I can't believe they printed it and thought it's a good idea. Also what a waste of Diane. Wearing that hideous bodysuit in the middle of nowhere? What's the story here? God! I wish Vogues would just stick to their good old fashion content and if they can't do it, reprint your old issues damn it. It'd sell better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->