Vogue Hommes International Fall/Winter 08.09 : Hugh Dancy by Mario Testino

That's really an amazing and dangerous ed!:shock:

well in that case rather do not buy any fashion magazines, and what if somebody saw you browsing tFS? So gay, SO EMBARRASSING! do not do it!

maybe im biased but this cover looks perfectly heterosexual for me, if you mind the underwear and that pose and the hunky man lacking some specific clothes, then go with Men's Vogue, or rather National Geographic.

GET.
IT. :wink:

oh my! that would be the ed of the year! i need to see it. hope someone posts the scans soon. sadly they dont sell vogue hommes in russia.

finally, the ed.
ACTION! Mario Sorrenti’s vividly violent taken on menswear editorial choses the stuntman as it’s improbable muse. With all the high flying, action they subject their bodies to it’s rare for any of the attention focused on stuntmen to extend past their fearless, thrill seeking nature. The majority of the sartorial action is given to their headlining counterparts whose matinee idol status (an unmarred good looks) allows them to garner the fashion credit. With all the quick cutting and tricks of light one might not even notice the covert and often injurious work stuntmen put in but therein lies the game.

Taking the hardest working men in show business and some of the most rough and tumble clothing available, Sorrenti (with the help of Emmanuelle Alt’s styling artistry) creates a kinetic pictorial of bodies plunging through plate glass, lunging the distance between buildings and being unceremoniously set aflame. Though the shock value is dulled by how routine cinema has made such events seem, there is something amusingly ironic about the whole affair. The pages of Vogue Hommes International are chock full of pretty boy actors who sit out such dauntingly deadly tasks - to see coverboy Hugh Dancy’s immaculately manicured image on one page and a charred figure in Margiela boots on the next creates an intriguing juxtaposition. One can’t help but think that Sorrenti might be commenting on more than just the clothes.

sansartifice

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->