Vogue Hommes Japan #5 F/W 10.11 : Jo Calderone by Nick Knight

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
As usual, teaser..

vhj05teaser02opt.jpg

Our beloved hubby, Jo Calderone is on the cover of the new issue of Vogue Hommes Japan, and CocoPerez.com has an exclusive look at the mag as well as a preview of the interview (below).
Enjoy!

Vogue Hommes Japan: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
Palermo, Sicily

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE WHAT YOU DO / YOUR OCCUPATION?
Mechanic for my dad's business. This is the first time I've had my picture taken.

WHEN DID YOU DISCOVER YOU WANTED TO TO THIS?

Well, I always helped my dad at work, since I was a kid. I thought it would be fun to have my picture taken.

WHAT ARE YOUR AMBITIONS?

I'd love to own my own car shop, I have a bunch of my own ‘muscle’ cars. Maybe if I take some more pictures I can afford it.

WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO LADY GAGA?

I met her at a shoot Nick Knight was doing. She's ****in beautiful, and funny, and interesting. I was a little nervous for Nick to start shooting. She said, "Don't be baby, you were "born this way." I took her out after. The rest is private
icon_wink.gif

INTERVIEW BY JO-ANN FURNISS
THE REST OF THE INTERVIEW AND THE COVER STORY WILL BE AVAILABLE ON SEPT 10TH IN VOGUE HOMMES JAPAN ISSUE 5.
PHOTO - NICK KNIGHT
STYLING - NICOLA FORMICHETTI
cocoperez

WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO LADY GAGA?
I met her at a shoot Nick Knight was doing. She's ****in beautiful, and funny, and interesting. I was a little nervous for Nick to start shooting. She said, "Don't be baby, you were "born this way." I took her out after. The rest is private

She sounds certifiable if that's really all her!:lol:

both teasers aren't doing good at all to me, I hope the actual cover is way better than this; I'm always excited to see Vogue Hommes Japan: they have great editorials with interesting models and their covers, to this day, are edgy and cool.

Oh duh, how dim of me. I've just realised Jo is Lady GaGa... and now it makes sense with her comment in i-D magazine. "It's not me, it's Jo. I'm not ready to talk about him yet."

:lol: Something about this is so hilariously weird, amazing AND disturbing to me.

Lady Gaga is a jerk

AGREE!

Hoping she will not be the final cover model ....
I don't understand why is this woman constantly copying Madonna?

Bellow: Madonna as James Dean by Bruce Weber for LIFE magazine December 1986
Source: madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com

Attachments

• madonna_life_magazine_oh_james_dean.jpg
    madonna_life_magazine_oh_james_dean.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 10
This is a blatant Madonna rip and one that only serves to illustrate that Lady Gaga is not flattered by profile shots. Her own persona is so much more compelling than this Jo Calderon mess, I'm bored with it already. This is some Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines kind of mess.

This is a men's magazine,

I just want to see some strange men's promotion and photography.

Wow this Jo Calderone thing is so so stupid

She makes a really ugly man -_-:yuk:

She barely looks half decent as a woman so what made her think she could pull this off?!

This is silly what a waste of everyone's time. The photo is pretty bad too. Nick Knight shot this?!

Whenever I see what she is doing I feel like I'm watching The Onion News Network.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a lot of photos from this set. We knew this was coming, they have been teasing it for a while.

Madonna was obviously the first entertainer to ever take an androgynous picture- once again, Madge is the most original pop artist of all time, and never took ideas from anyone else herself. Glad we've established that. :rolleyes:

It's another Lady Gaga antic being pacified by the fashion industry; I love her, but seeing Gaga's art indulged in magazines has kind of become akin to nudity in Vogue Paris- a little stale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->