Vogue Hong Kong April 2022 : Kim Kardashian by Greg Swales

It reminds me of Chanel’s boutique because of the mirrors.

I love It! The previous issue was very good too, they changed the EIC or something?

She looks too rigid in the second one, the other two are nicer

She looks tired AF

Because she always got her f**kin' a** up and work.~

Not too fond of the first and second cover because they look one dimensional. The third one looks great because her brand of unabashedly gaudy sensuality is filtered through a play of angles.

I like the last cover.

this edition… still exists

Interesting that 10 years ago, Kim was much more open to new looks that transformed her into another character for these shoots. These days, she’s much more strictly on-brand with her covers— even down to the marketing strategy of wearing the brand that she’s in collaboration with. She clearly has more pull these days thus the instantly recognizable signatures.

And despite her being this persona non grata around here, she’s pulling off way stronger, way better and absolutely killer shoots than any of these current-day “Supers”. The color-palette is gorgeous, and the photography is absolutely stylized to evoke an illustrative quality— maybe like Patrick Nagel. She hasn’t had a single stumble with her covers. Quite an admirable feat for someone who’s often dismissed as “gaudy and tacky”.

Thanks @amby!

my favourite cover is the 3rd one. LOVE the mirror play.

is she getting covers due to her new reality show?

Such a beautiful lady she is. I forget all the background arround her. From 2014 to now is a massive change.

I still don't like her for me she always sell air, nothing interesting to say even when she choses to get close to humanitarian causes, everything is so prefabricated.

She is reinventing herself now that she is single...it would be nice to see another side of her....honestly her agent must be good to get her invited at Prada (and of course Prada get the benefits of that too).....

I remember watching her outside a fashion show in nyc when she was engaged to the basketball prayer and honestly she was beautiful....this fembot now is way too manufactured.

She looks good on the picture despite the heavy makeup and post production....the pictures are ok and yes the third cover is the best.....

I don’t think she’s done a vogue cover I didn’t like? She’s just brilliant and clearly knows her angles. She’s serving more than her model sister at this point
Knows her angles? Brilliant? I have to laugh. The photographer takes thousands of pictures at every angle possible and the magazine editors pick what they think is the best pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FASHIONARCHIVERESEAARCH
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->