A Vision of Fourteen Thousand Frames

Photographer: Wing Shya
Art Direction: William Chang
Fashion Editor: Sean Kunjambu
Hair: Ken Hui
Make-up: San Chan
Cast: Carina Lau

Vogue Hong Kong Digital Edition

I don’t understand why create this magazine when you have Vogue China even with all problems still miles better than this

By The Numbers

Photographer: Leung Mo
Fashion Editor: Lois Leung
Hair: Hei Tai
Make-up: San Chan
Model: Vlada L.

Field of Dreams

Photographer: Jack Waterlot
Fashion Director: Anya Ziourova
Styling: Bobette Cohn
Hair: Rita Marmor
Make-up: Asami Tguchi
Model: Shujing Zhou

Suits & The City

Photographer: Walter Chin
Fashion Editor: Aurora Sansone
Hair: Brent Lawler
Make-up: Sam Addington
Manicure: Kiyo Okada
Models: Daphne Groeneveld, Justin Eric Martin, Noah Hart and Reilly Patton

Pagan

Photographer: Suffo Moncloa
Fashion Editor: Francesca Ragazzi
Hair: Kim Rance
Make-up: Daniela Galeazzi
Model: Matilde Buoso

Glitter Ball

Photographer: Leungmo
Fashion Editor: Alva Chung
Hair & Make-up: Eda Lee
Producer: Katherine Ho
Model: Yihan

I am kinda surprised how HK is able to operate in this political climate? (same for Taiwan). Is it not offensive for there to not only be Vogue China?

I am kinda surprised how HK is able to operate in this political climate? (same for Taiwan). Is it not offensive for there to not only be Vogue China?

Interesting question.
it's more provocative when you list the regions all together on index scenario.

But in this case, Chinese don't feel offensive by magazine editions, it's like you have Dior boutiques in mainland China, but also have them in HK, Taiwan or Macau.It's just a need to target different markets.
And titles like "Vogue China" "Vogue Taiwan" are just names to Chinese readers, instead of implying any political preference.

The issues for Vogue HK is that when it's launched, HK is a very important luxury market thanks to huge flow of mainland customers.
With unexpected horrible situation currently, the luxury market is severely damaged, brands are cancelling events, dropping off lease and cutting off budget like crazy. Even brand like Chanel have to give up its headquarters in central area where the brand stayed for decades and moved to somewhere less fancy.
Without support from mainland market, the local market is too small and honestly, hk ppl is also in no mood for purchasing expensive items now, so days for fashion magazines will be hard in future. And the cultural identity for vogue HK is also in big question. who would love a place filled with anger and conflicts??

Worst part is, tmr won't be another day. The situation is still going and too bad to recover, damage is eternal for HK unless miracle happens.

Interesting question.
it's more provocative when you list the regions all together on index scenario.

But in this case, Chinese don't feel offensive by magazine editions, it's like you have Dior boutiques in mainland China, but also have them in HK, Taiwan or Macau.It's just a need to target different markets.
And titles like "Vogue China" "Vogue Taiwan" are just names to Chinese readers, instead of implying any political preference.

Interesting... I suppose to me it would imply that HK & Taiwan are separate enough from mainland to warrant not being included in the China edition.

Interesting... I suppose to me it would imply that HK & Taiwan are separate enough from mainland to warrant not being included in the China edition.

Same query tbh. China got mad at Fashion houses that listed HK on a shirt, while they give magazine editions a pass? I mean if its offensive, it must be so across the board shouldn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->