Vogue Italia August 2009 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel

Lovely.I don't see a 90's feel :S
besides Linda herself being a 90's supermodel

The 90's with it's minimalism approach to the background, and the use of grays, and blacks.

Let me be the first to apologize for getting the months wrong in all of the teasers that were mentioned online and in the Cover Rumor thread. Great for Linda though. :flower:

Lovely.I don't see a 90's feel :S
besides Linda herself being a 90's supermodel

In my humble opinion, Linda isn't 80s, Linda isn't 90s, Linda isn't 2000s. She's timeless elegance and timeless fashion. ^_^

OMG, the cover is so beautiful!!! it's so iconic! love it that it looks like a cover form the 80s/90s fashion era. in other words, a nostalgic vibe on the cover. though i didn't expect that'd be Linda again 'cause she had last year's cover right for the same month? and her editorial is so effin' fantastic!!! every shot is perfectly captured! the styling, concept, make-up and hair, and photography, all great. it reminds me of Kristen's ed. last July. :smile:

Linda + Meisel = PERFECTION. :wink: they never fail to deliver.

Linda's third shot reminds me of Irvin Penns studio.

Linda's ed is amazing. And the styling is extraordinary! M-A Sauvé rarely fails to inspire me.:wub:

Let me be the first to apologize for getting the months wrong in all of the teasers that were mentioned online and in the Cover Rumor thread. Great for Linda though. :flower:

The two blondes & one brunette are supposed to be for September's issue, right?

The cover is okay but I'm quite tired of these dark covers/editorials, I want some light, some happiness ... the edit looks quite nice, excited for the rest of the issue.

:woot::woot::woot:I'm going to faint:woot::woot::woot:
OMG!!! I am very excited:woot::woot::woot:
OMG!! thank´s
I am very happy ..:heart::heart: I love Linda:heart:

A literal fashion freak :smile: :smile:

Linda + Meisel = PERFECTION

I love Linda and these pictures are pretty but I can't help but feel bored. Completely and utterly bored...

Don't get me wrong, the whole thing is beautiful but I just feel it has no connection to right now. I don't even feel as though its timeless - I get a definite late 40s / early 50s retro pastiche vibe and that era will always be lovely but there is a little voice in the back of my head that just says this is all so...irrelevant.

Its like when you watch a film with beautiful actors, incredible cinematography and no plot whatsoever. Meisel's use of light and shadow are impeccable though.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is what I call a SUPERMODEL COVER :woot:
and the ed is so beautiful! long time since I have seen something this strong.

^^ absolutely agree on the irrelevant part

probably because of its similarity between Kristen's ed, both are really beautiful spreads but somewhat similar, this feels a bit emptier in that sense too

It is irrelevant too, I dunno but I feel a lot of things creative now cannot solely rely on aesthetically pleasing and
beautiful elements anymore and has to form some sort of relation and connection to the current times and its audience
and has somewhat a deeper meaning to it which the ed lacks and I think that's what u meant by the 'lack of plot'

Only something with the combination of both would blow me away

I like Linda's ed. Not sure about the cover.:ermm:

*waits patiently for review*

I love it. Linda is gorgeous, however it is very reminiscent of Kristen's editorial. Now that I'm typing that, I would love to know- is her name Kristen or Kirsten? Because everytime I've saw it in a magazine it's Kristen, but on here a lot of people say Kirsten...

I love :heart: this editorial, I even prefer her editorial pictures to the cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->