Vogue Italia August 2009 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel

No like me the cover remember to the cover of Karen Elson in 2007

very good opinions in many posts, I agree with many...but every time I see my favorite models on the cover of Italian Vogue, it is like Christmas! Linda's ed looks a lot like Kristen's ed from last month, but Kristen's ed was different...stronger and with many different styles while most people find Linda's ed more boring simply cause it is different and closer to only one style than the Kristen ed. It is Iconic and I am sure it will be much better appreciated after some time. I will never get bored to see the big models in Vogue, never! I hope i will see Linda on another Vogue Italia cover even after 10 years and I am sure it will happen! Meisel never goes wrong and he is genious!
The funny thing is that the magazine is not out yet even in Italy!

Bores me to bits.
Its like Meisel and Linda have absolutely nothing new to say. Ok she's elegant, ok she's regal, blah blah blah.

Triumph for Marie-Amelie though -- good styling, and at least it was something a bit different for her. But geez, can't wait for the end of Anna's reign on American Vogue, and the passing of Meisel's tyranny over Vogue Italia.

i was in Milan yesterday and it was not out yet, i guess it had arrived today, so tomorrow i will be the lucky owner of my(at least) 2 copies:wink:)

I'm sorry, but this is BEYOND THIS WORLD
it's STUNNING
i'm in love
Meisel did it again!
You are so lucky you can get those magazine and appreciate them, touch them, smell them, i wanna cry! UGHR!

^ We share the same sentiments. When's the actual release!?

Bores me to bits.
Its like Meisel and Linda have absolutely nothing new to say. Ok she's elegant, ok she's regal, blah blah blah.

Triumph for Marie-Amelie though -- good styling, and at least it was something a bit different for her. But geez, can't wait for the end of Anna's reign on American Vogue, and the passing of Meisel's tyranny over Vogue Italia.

HERE, HERE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda's editorial is Stunning!!!! i love the black and white shot. Meisel is the master!

I need this issue!
such a great editorial and cover. I definitely see the Irving Penn influence.

I need this issue!
such a great editorial and cover. I definitely see the Irving Penn influence.

Oh yes, it's very clear. And not just any Penn reference either, but his best, most inspired work. I agree with the person who said this will be remembered. It will. This is perhaps the best issue of the year.

It's not like the 90s stuff he did with Linda...then it was more glamour. Here, it's the strict elegance of the 50s early 60s, merged with some of the relaxed abandon of, say Bob Richardson, without having any of the partying/scoring scenes BR was fond of. And, at the same time, the clothes are a bit early 60s (cuts) + 80s (bulk).

Yes, this one looks GOOD. I'm hoping some of the other eds will be memorable too...

Does anyone have this already:smile:)

thi cover/ed is such a shock to me, but in a really good way
it feels like i'm looking at an old shoot of meisel and linda,
this is so beautiful!

PS. what is it with meisel shooting all the supermodels lately :lol:

^ No one knows but I LIKE IT!

The cover is okay but I'm quite tired of these dark covers/editorials, I want some light, some happiness ... the edit looks quite nice, excited for the rest of the issue.

It's a bit depressing. The pictures are good but Linda (&Co generally) bother me. :doh: I used to like her...
But the lighting is great.
Hope the other eds will be better for my taste.

incredibly beautiful!!Shows that Linda is forever the true fashion chameleone...and is a timeless model

I can't seem to find the hq cover anywhere (INTERNET)

Bores me to bits.

:lol: what a statement!
i 100% agree...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->