Vogue Italia August 2009 : Linda Evangelista by Steven Meisel

Before I pursue my hunt for the HQ cover, is this issue released!?

^If nothing has been posted in this thread then I doubt you'll find a HQ anywhere else.

i bet, this issue will be seen as a masterpiece in a few years.

i have to agree with you.
the editorial itself is quite hard to handle (even with it's retro references it has very little to do with casual Vogue glamour). but every single picture on its own... it just looks astonishingly beautiful.
just what you've said, a masterpiece.:blush:

I am quite excited by VI these days.... first Kristen... and now Linda... another £7 are definitely going to be spent on this;-)

If only VOGUE Italia will be available here... i'm willing to spend a fortune... I CAN'T WAIT FOR PREVIEWS, REVIEWS and HQs

Why I kinda see the Kirsten eds formula in Linda's?

I see it too, especially in the big hat shot. hhaha

The cover and ed is nice, but its done before there for its not that exciting and its just pretty good.

The styling is amazing and Linda can really act. Reactions seem mixed for this issue - great to see a debate happenning.
Look on the other side. It could be Kate Moss being Kate Moss for the 100th time on British Vogue. Funny enough, she's on the September issue. At least Linda's covers are all different and she 'models'.
British Vogue has lost all credential as an influential magazine way back, it's a joke.

It looks indeed like the editorial from Kristen and also reminds me of last year's August issue. But why the Linda love? She is fantastic, yes, but I miss Karen Elson, she would have worked this even better.

A little dissapointed that I have to wait another month until the two blondes and two brunettes will be reveiled.

Reactions seem mixed for this issue - great to see a debate happenning.

For my part, I do wonder if I'm beyond the point of being truly interested in her new work. I think she's an amazing model (she was the one who got me interested in magazines) and she's respected, admired, treasured for how her career has intertwined with so many moments in fashion - but none of that guarantees a buzz about anything she does in 2009.

If, for example, this turns out to be their last collaboration together for Vogue Italia, then maybe I'd feel it was momentous, but I haven't thought twice about the cover she did in June 2008, so not everything she's done in recent years has made its mark.

At the same time, does there have to be a buzz, can I not appreciate the work of two professionals who share a long history coming together again?

Look on the other side. It could be Kate Moss being Kate Moss for the 100th time on British Vogue. Funny enough, she's on the September issue. At least Linda's covers are all different and she 'models'.

If I really had to chose between those two for a fashion cover i would certainly chose Kate, at least she is relevant, the same can't be said about Linda, that only gets work based on the laurels of her past. That totally turns me off, I can see it done once as a curiosity, other than that no, give that space to the young generation that are much better than her at the moment. And this applies to all the other supermodels, modeling is totally superficial, i don't see the point of recycling this women they do not bring nothing new or fresh.

If I really had to chose between those two for a fashion cover i would certainly chose Kate, at least she is relevant, the same can't be said about Linda, that only gets work based on the laurels of her past.

I'd rather see really good work from a model who isn't around that often over work from a model that is totally over exposed. Who cares about who is more relevant than the other? Regardless Linda is a great model and I think this editorial is testament to that. Not to mention it's great to see her collaborate with one of her best friends (Meisel). I think that helps to produce great work. Even Meisel once said now a days he works with 16 year old girls who can barely speak english and there is nothing to talk about. It's difficult to develop a relationship between the photographer and model which is crucial in producing good work.

And if you are going to compare Kate to Linda... then you might as well compare her September UK Vogue cover to this cover.. and if you're saying Kates' is better, then you're nuts. :shock:
How many times have we seen that exact same cover of Kate?
Now compare this to Linda....

^ Also I'd like to point out Linda does work that is inspiring. Much of Kates work today is commercialized and marketed to simply sell magazines because she's so 'iconic'.

If I really had to chose between those two for a fashion cover i would certainly chose Kate, at least she is relevant, the same can't be said about Linda, that only gets work based on the laurels of her past. That totally turns me off, I can see it done once as a curiosity, other than that no, give that space to the young generation that are much better than her at the moment. And this applies to all the other supermodels, modeling is totally superficial, i don't see the point of recycling this women they do not bring nothing new or fresh.

i couldn't agree more, i can't get why magazines and designers cast old supermodels - linda, christy, eva or others - for covers or ads (they don't deliver sthg anymore), and at the same time, i think kate's career is over, she's losing her looks and, in my opinion, she gets so much covers, eds, and campaigns because she is kate moss. actually, because of this excessive media exposure of old supermodels, talented, fresh and young models are wrongly underrated.

Relevant to whom? Linda doesn't work often anymore but she still successfully sells product and she can still rock a camera, as seen in this editorial. That's relevant to me.

Ok guys, I got the issue in my hands! I was soooo excited, but my excitement was dead the moment i finished the looking through the pages...If it was not Linda on the cover and in the main editorial this issue could simply be labeled as the worse Vogue Italia issue ever, very very boring and it just leaves you with nothing when you finish it. Even the print of the magazine had become worse, it looks cheap like US Vogue.
Seeing the cover in real prooves that Linda is still the best! The editorial is also breathtaking, but you already saw the scans and there is simply nothing else in this magazine to be seen! Even the editorial with Tanya Dzyahileva and some unknowns(well somebody said give a chance to young talented models...they are just young, but not talented, Kristen and Linda are still the talented ones and a few others from the new like Anja Rubik and Iris, but they still do not put them on the cover of It Vogue).
The other so so editorial is with Eniko, but since she was never one of my favorites I can not say it is something to die for. The rest is just s...t...actresses in edotorials and ugly daughters of some famous people...and the actresses are still some not so good-looking ones...not that it would make me happy if they chose some of the pretty ones. Actresses are simply NOT models and can never be. American fashion magazines already made me dislike actresses a log time ago when they started putting them on every magazine cover.
The only 2 nice ads are the guiseppe zanotii ad with Anja and the versace ad with Gisele, do not even remember the rest.
I can make a full review if you want, but it is just plane boring issue...nothing compaired to the July issue...wish Linda had been chosen with the same cover and ed in the september issue, but if nothing else, then at least it is worth buying it because of LINDA!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to say that there is also a boring shoping in supplement, i guess since i am not a girl this supplement is not interesting for me at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->