Vogue Italia August 2012 : Jamie Bochert by Steven Meisel

hmm i dont like it, i was expecting a lot more from this, compared to the last cover

There really isn't a lot of focus here. My eye is going straight towards the cat. The "concept" or therefore lack of isn't drawing me in. The editorial is going to be terrible unless there are multiple girls which I seriously doubt. And although manly this is the best I've seen Jamie photograph in quite some time.

I like the image well enough, and while I appreciate it for being a little different, it does nothing for me. The thing that bugs me most is the "Spirit of the Times" tagline, the mood of the picture is so mopey and enervated that if that reflects the spirit of the times then is he (or the editor) trying to say that we are in a depressing era? That may very well may be true, but I don't know if I want that acknowledged. I like the border and the font.

This should of been Meghan Collison and her new kitten
You read my mind! For me, if Meisel is going to put on the cover one of his favorites who has not really achieved hot girl status or better, I would much rather see Meghan Collison.

I just wish the image wasn't surrounded by an obnoxious border. This would have been a better image if it was larger

I really like this, the setting, the overall mood of the shot and Jamie, I think she was a risk that paid off, this is intriguing, and it makes me want to see the editorial. But I agree, this would have been better without the frame.

When I saw Jamie was the cover model, I rolled my eyes cause I was afraid it would end up looking a little drag queen-esque. But I must say I'm pleasantly surprised ^_^ I love it, the color tones are lovely, I like how it's a little disheveled looking with the messed up hair, the purse laying on the counter, and those open chinese food cartons, but it still looks fashion-y. Not their best cover, but better than some of the stinkers we've had this year.

This is nowhere near to my liking. This looks like their January 2011 cover. This is all sorts of boring. Why do they decide to do this right after their breathtaking July cover? Hm....

I just wish the image wasn't surrounded by an obnoxious border. This would have been a better image if it was larger

agree. i hate it so much when they put those horrible frames on the cover. it's distracting and ugly, the photo itself is not so bad, it wouldve worked way better in a different layout.

(but yeah i could do without jamie)

I am really anticipating the accompanying editorial.

Screw Jamie! That ***** cat is serving face! Do y'all even see that pose?! Kitty is channeling Linda!

Even though I absolutely loathe Jamie, the cinematic mood of the cover left me interested for more. There's something noire and moody about it, it's quite captivating. I just hope it's not OG.

Completely agree! You nailed. I'm already a fan of Jamie, but this is leaving me wanting more. That shot alone is already evoking a very moody, cinematic feel, so I'm just anticipating the main editorial to be quite as good as the cover.

All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Fashion Editor: Karl Templer
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Set Design: Mary Howard
Models: Anniek Kortleve, Aymeline Valade, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Jamie Bochert, Julia Nobis, Julier Bugge, Marie Piovesan, Meghan Collison and Vanessa Axente
Source: vogue.it

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 47
Apart from some of the ....models he casted, it looks so amazing! Very mid '00's which was my favourite Vogue Italia era. Can't wait to see them in HQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->