Vogue Italia August 2012 : Jamie Bochert by Steven Meisel

full size pictures

All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Fashion Editor: Karl Templer
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Set Design: Mary Howard
Models: Anniek Kortleve, Aymeline Valade, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Jamie Bochert, Julia Nobis, Julier Bugge, Marie Piovesan, Meghan Collison and Vanessa Axente
Source: vogue.it

vogue.it

thanks for posting both of you ^ my favourite pics are definitely meghan and aymelines! but the others aren't so bad either! i definitely like it more than the cover.

I definitely enjoy the concept (god knows we've all been dressed up with nowhere to go at some point or another) but I wished the execution was better. The real treat in this story is the work that went into the setting. . . but that's about it. There's a certain je ne sais quoi that makes the whole thing fall flat. It seems like the concept wasn't explored fully (there were so many things you could do with a theme like this) and in the end this just seems like a concept conceived of at the last minute and executed far below it's full capability.

Only a couple times a year do we, in my opinion, experience true creativity and beauty from Meisel's work for VI, e.g. last month.

The concept kinda reminds me of some eds Meisel has done with Hannelore Knuts or maybe other models in the early 00s. I like Aymeline's pic the most. Some of the newbies look really flat in the ed. However, I wish the ed could be a little bit longer.

My favourite editorial from Steven Meisel this year.
Its so good. I have no words. The sence of detail that I see in here is magical.
The cast is glorious, so many different type of choices (happy for Marie).
The colors are great, the mood is extremely convicing.
The theme of the editorial is so convicing and so well executed. Its just marvelous...

Looks like I'll have to eat my words because the editorial is so much better than the cover, mainly due to Mary's unbelievable set design...this woman is a genius! :wub: I now wish that the cover had the same palette as the ed, at least I'd have the pretty colors to look at.

I love it. Love the details in every shot.

I love the song in the video, does anyone know the artist?

The concept kinda reminds me of some eds Meisel has done with Hannelore Knuts or maybe other models in the early 00s. I like Aymeline's pic the most. Some of the newbies look really flat in the ed. However, I wish the ed could be a little bit longer.

I agree! I love how 01-05 Vogue Italia it looks! I can totally picture Elise, Hannelore, Iselin, Stammy and Karen in it, paired with Aymeline, Julier and Anniek. I don't understand why Meisel likes models like Hanne, Julia or Marie. I can live with Jamie and Meghan though.
Anyway, the setting is indeed great. It looks so everyday yet so genius, almost like July 2000 with Hannelore, one of the best eds ever imo.
Too bad there are so few pictures.

I definitely enjoy the concept (god knows we've all been dressed up with nowhere to go at some point or another) but I wished the execution was better. The real treat in this story is the work that went into the setting. . . but that's about it. There's a certain je ne sais quoi that makes the whole thing fall flat. It seems like the concept wasn't explored fully (there were so many things you could do with a theme like this) and in the end this just seems like a concept conceived of at the last minute and executed far below it's full capability.

Only a couple times a year do we, in my opinion, experience true creativity and beauty from Meisel's work for VI, e.g. last month.

I think the opposite to an extent (about the story reaching its full potential). The story may not be that deep, but I think there is some definitely some interesting commentary coming through about the women in these pictures, as characters. And that has mostly to do with the use of props on the set. Makes me think about what kind of woman is 'in fashion' right now...or at least what kind of woman they are trying to portray, if any.

In many of them, it's like they're forbidden to leave the kitchen..or their pets. (& I also think that making the kitchen the scene for every picture was an intention that worked out pretty nicely for the story)

Love the use of color and set design.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I definitely love the main ed more after seeing the video.

I love the atmosphere in the ed. As the title suggests, those girls all dress up at home and wait for someone to come. The background music is perfect as well. The slow motion of camera (sorry I don't really know the words for filming), the pets and the settings (Mary Howard is the best!) all complement each other so well. This ed leaves me a feeling of isolation in the society nowadays. I don't know why but I just feel it. I can even picture myself dress pretty and alone somewhere.

Anyway very good job Meisel! If only the cover can be better. I really wish he had chosen Aymeline as the cover girl.

The models are as bored with the ed as I am.

I think this is the perfect casting for the ed, the models fit the styling so well.

The thing that strikes me about this concept is that everyone probably knows a girl like this. Incredible clothes, effortless cool, tiny apartment - there are certain pockets of Manhattan that are populated exclusively by these sorts of girls...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->