Vogue Italia August 2024 : Karen Elson by Martin Parr

Utter Disaster. This is amateur at best, it feels like some college project. Epsom is a superb model, she deserves far better than this.

While it's not out of character for Martin Parr's general body of work outside of fashion, remember that he was the one whose Covid UK Vogue cover showed literal sh*t in it, front and centre, which might have been a first, although not one that Edward was loudly adding to his list of "firsts".

Vogue.co.uk

We’re on a race to bottom. Between this and Winona’s tragedy, we are getting some of the worst covers EVER!

I’d sue if I were one of the bystanders…

the funny thing is that IN HIS HEAD the photographer will think he's a visionnaire ahahaaha like ''yeah I'm breaking the rules, I'm a maverick, I'm changing the game when it comes to fashion photography, I'm breaking the rules'' ahahaahh and all that typical non-sense for these SKILL-LESS types of people working in fashion. It's the same kind of people who:
- thought Samira at US Harper's Bazaar was a fantastic choice
- make models NOT pose in shoots
- dress models in total looks and think of themselves at ''the sh*t''
- don't do a single thing in a shoot and make weird cropping on photos and think ''it's genius and new!''
- and those who put Farneti at the head of Vogue Italia ''just coz''
- and who thought Edward was great at british Vogue just coz he is woke and all of that.
These people should be fired and thrown to an island and never be seen or heard ever again.

They could have at least had a clearer photo of Billie Eilish and Seth Rogen at the back.

Can’t they just shutter all these neutered Vogues and just do Vogue Europe already with localized content in the last 20 pages? Reprints on Vogue Italia is a total nightmare!!!!!

The saddest part is that im sure everyone at VI are so happy and proud of this....literally this magazine is pure crap, between silly coverstory,reprints and non-sense articles...there is nothing left.....

Not them sharing it like we haven't seen it all a month ago... I can't even say I'm baffled by this. We've seen it all. It's the new norm for print to be subpar, I guess. Invest all the money in silly TikToks of celebrities acting stupid at Place Vendôme, that's what we want to see. Girlboss. Slay. I really don't know why I keep up with this crap... I should be smarter than this.

The saddest part is that im sure everyone at VI are so happy and proud of this....literally this magazine is pure crap, between silly coverstory,reprints and non-sense articles...there is nothing left.....
They are that proud that they even published an article on Karen on the site with most of her previous covers and couple of ed shots... and one of the covers is Edie's solo cover of Walker's December issue!!!! they had a party probably

Link: Karen Elson e quella cover di Vogue Italia che lanciò la sua carriera negli anni '90: «Meisel mi disse: “Fai quello che vuoi!”»

Martin Parr is a great documentary photographer who is wonderful at highlighting our quirks and absurdities but he cannot recreate that in a made image. It is cool to see documentary photographers delve into fashion every so often, but you cannot expect them to transfer what they do in a completely different genre, into fashion. It should stay a seldom novelty for the right project. Not this.

In a way I like the concept of tourism in Italy, as you can never really take a good shot without them being in the background. Execution wise however…

They are that proud that they even published an article on Karen on the site with most of her previous covers and couple of ed shots... and one of the covers is Edie's solo cover of Walker's December issue!!!! they had a party probably

Link: Karen Elson e quella cover di Vogue Italia che lanciò la sua carriera negli anni '90: «Meisel mi disse: “Fai quello che vuoi!”»

To add fuel to fire, there is this utterly shallow, improperly researched and inaccurate article that reads like a ChatGPT blurb they did simply to fill a page, with no thought or intention behind it. Embarrassing.

Steven Meisel la biografia e il rapporto con Vogue Italia: storia del fotografo che ha cambiato tutto (pur non cambiando mai)

^haha I was still hungry for the HQs after Karen's, searched "meisel" there to see if I maybe missed something and that came out. I looked on a publishing date and was like: What? What's the reason? Is he dead?

I dislike this the same way I hate finding lots of tourists in tourist areas (despite being one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evf1029
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->