Vogue Italia January 2024 : Benedetta Porcaroli by Elizaveta Porodina

For me, Porodina's editorials are like Pavarotti's work - there are usually one or two photos in every shoot that catch my eye and stand out, by current standards.

But if I were to compare them to, say, Paolo Roversi, there's much less soul in their images.

Roversi is the OG and he is superb. But I like Elizabeta a lot.

While I understand why they chose that image for their cover...

View attachment 1244117
vogue.it

this one catches my attention the most.

Great cover and editorial, by the way. I love how dreamy and delicate the shoot is.
This reminds me of Rianne and Vittoria's Italian Vogue covers a few years ago.

Because Prada pay more money, lol

The digital copy is already available at my library... 140 pages.

There's an article right at the start of the issue, "60 Anni di Futuro" which has mini images of some covers from over the years. It starts out by talking about the 30th anniversary in 1994, which I remember, and now we're another 30 years on from that. There's also a little piece on the magazine Novità, which was bought by Conde Nast in the early 60s, eventually becoming VI.

There's a fashion editorial at the front "Domestico Spleen" shot by Jules Moscovtchenko.

The cover story/interview is followed by a reprint of Carey Mulligan from US Vogue, a reprint of Karolina-by-the-sea from Spanish/UK Vogue, a reprint of Paloma from Vogue Mexico, then a reprint from the back of UK Vogue by Samuel Bradley.

Now, I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but if Vogue Italia properly celebrated its 30th with its Oct 1994 issue, might we see something similar with the Oct 2024 issue?

It's a long time to wait to have your hopes obliterated by the cost-cutting Conde Nast regime, but really, all they have to do is give us reprinted material - but from the good years.

The digital copy is already available at my library... 140 pages.

There's an article right at the start of the issue, "60 Anni di Futuro" which has mini images of some covers from over the years. It starts out by talking about the 30th anniversary in 1994, which I remember, and now we're another 30 years on from that. There's also a little piece on the magazine Novità, which was bought by Conde Nast in the early 60s, eventually becoming VI.

There's a fashion editorial at the front "Domestico Spleen" shot by Jules Moscovtchenko.

The cover story/interview is followed by a reprint of Carey Mulligan from US Vogue, a reprint of Karolina-by-the-sea from Spanish/UK Vogue, a reprint of Paloma from Vogue Mexico, then a reprint from the back of UK Vogue by Samuel Bradley.

Now, I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up, but if Vogue Italia properly celebrated its 30th with its Oct 1994 issue, might we see something similar with the Oct 2024 issue?

It's a long time to wait to have your hopes obliterated by the cost-cutting Conde Nast regime, but really, all they have to do is give us reprinted material - but from the good years.
You forgot the 50th anniversary one that was bigger than the one from 1994. I'm not expecting nothing huge. CN didn't give a sh*t changing (and killing) Vogue Paris after 100 years, so I don't expect anything from VI either.

You forgot the 50th anniversary one that was bigger than the one from 1994.

Bigger, maybe, but 30th was a better issue in general. I have very low expectations for any upcoming Vogue anniversaries, but it would be a nice surprise if they actually came through.

I love the anniversary covers, both 30th and 50th. But the 2014 content is really not that good. And the 30th definitely has a stronger cover not limited within models.
I believe there wont be a cover like that this year. Vogue us/uk has done a supermodel reunion. Vanity fair has done it harder.

good cover and good main editorial. shame it’s not longer.
Agree. They could have published more photographs and made it a collections editorial.

I loved the 50th anniversary cover because updated the one from 1994 (but you all are right, some big models didn't appear there). Also was the last good moment in fashion, before social media and nepo girls took the Industry. I remember so well when all the 2014 covers came. My favorite from that era was the one with Julia Nobis, Isabeli Fontana, and the trio from October. Even the last years of Franca were solid but not so elevated, those issues are better than anything that came after her. A main cover with the likes of Linda, Naomi, Christy, Amber, Natalia, Raquel and Stella is far from what we have seen after 2016. Not even US Sep 2023 was better than what Franca did for the 50 anniversary. Talking back about this issue and recent months, I found them nice, simple, of course way far from Meisel's times, but better than Farneti's experimental years. This magazine won't be that big anymore. Print is dying, so something like that is not going to happen again.

My lovely people,

I apologise for nearly two weeks of absence; namely, 12 days ago I caught a rather nasty respiratory infection, so today - since I'm finally finishing the ten-day cycle of intramuscular antibiotics! - I feel relatively okay.

May this 2024 bless you with health, peace and happiness!

source.gif

giphy

BENEDETTA
Photography:
Elizaveta Porodina
Styling: Vittoria Cerciello
Hair: Pierre Saint Sever
Make-up: David Koppelaar
Model/Celebrity: Benedetta Porcaroli

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

DOMESTICO SPLEEN
Photography:
Jules Moskovtchenko
Styling: Hamish Wirgman
Hair: Michaël Delmas
Make-up: Thierry Do Nascimento
Models: Lilian Sumner, Issa Lish & Anamaria Cioboata

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

I have become such a fan of Elizaveta Porodina over recent months, and this cover only fuels my growing admiration. Such a gorgeous, undeniably beautiful and flattering cover. The colours are heavenly, and I especially love how well the chiffon Prada has photographed...

I have become such a fan of Elizaveta Porodina over recent months, and this cover only fuels my growing admiration. Such a gorgeous, undeniably beautiful and flattering cover. The colours are heavenly, and I especially love how well the chiffon Prada has photographed...
Same! I always buy the Spanish Vogue covers with her work. So different from the nature-hippie trend of this forgettable era.

She looks sad cause she's wearing all these hideous clothes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->