Champagne Furs
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Set Design: Mary Howard
Model: Toccara Jones
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Guido

Source: Vogue Italia Archive

Sessilee's solo editorial and Toccara's editorial are so fabulous. Especially Sessilee's - the thing of fashion editorial dreams! Gorgeous styling, great modeling, great photography.

Sessilee's solo editorial and Toccara's editorial are so fabulous. Especially Sessilee's - the thing of fashion editorial dreams! Gorgeous styling, great modeling, great photography.

Yes, Sessilee's edit is EVERYTHING. Actually, I love this whole issue as Meisel had his hand in most of it. My question is, what happened to Sessilee? Why does she not shoot with Meisel (edits/campaigns) anymore?

Anyway, this issue of Vogue Italia spoke great volumes to fashion lovers, especially those of color. Even this thread is MASSIVE compared to any magazine issue in tFs. Just amazing.

^I think the problem for Sessilee is that the industry (like many other) is still very racist and has this "one black model per generation" thing. I remember this Vogue Paris documentary where Sessilee wasn't booking any show during PFW and clearly it was because she is black.

I was really excited when Sess came on the scene, because she was gorgeous. But one minute, she was in Vogue Italia and Victoria's Secret, and the next, it seemed she was gone.

^I think the problem for Sessilee is that the industry (like many other) is still very racist and has this "one black model per generation" thing. I remember this Vogue Paris documentary where Sessilee wasn't booking any show during PFW and clearly it was because she is black.

OMG I rememeber that. i felt so bad for her when Sasha, Natasha and Constance were being booked left and right and she only got to do the Hermès show. It was tragic. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I would have bought this issue when it came out! I still love it and Sessilee's editorial.

It really is such a shame how the industry did Sessilee because to be honest she should be as big as Jourdan. She should have been on the May 2009 cover of US Vogue, but Anna chose two other girls over her and Arlenis Sosa. The industry is sad. So sad. I'm mad all over again

But thank you Ivano for all work. I LOVE looking back at the old Italia Vogues.

It's so funny that people are now loving Sess, but back then she was getting some heat on here.

She still works a bit though, follow her snapchat @LopezSess. She updates every hour of her life.

HQ Scans

How To Dazzle
Stylist: Karl Templer
Model: Sessilee Lopez

#20 is smaller. (couldn't find original)

Scanned by Diciassette

#20 is smaller. (couldn't find original)

Scanned by Diciassette

There's Only One Naomi
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Set Design: Mary Howard
Model: Naomi Campbell

Scanned by Diciassette

Modern Luxe
Stylist: Lori Goldstein
Models: Alek Wek, Alva Chinn, Sessilee Lopez, Ubah, Kiara Kabukuru, Noémie Lenoir, Veronica Webb, Arlenis Sosa, Liya Kebede, Karen Alexander, Iman, Yasmin Warsame, Jourdan Dunn, Gail O'Neil, Chanel Iman & Pat Cleveland

Scanned by Diciassette

Scanned by Diciassette

Scanned by blackangel41999

Beauty
Photographer: Dusan Reljin
Model: Chanel Iman

Scanned by Diciassette (?) | bwgreyscale.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads