Vogue Italia June 2011 : Candice Huffine, Tara-Lynn & Robyn Lawley by Steven Meisel

Luxx

oh me, oh my
Reaction score
I am so happy. SO VERY VERY HAPPY!!!

Image Credit | Models.com

I guess Crystal missed her chance of being on the cover considering she jumped the boat.

Not impressed by the cover. I like the idea, but the execution is terrible. I'm not fond of the layout at all.

And of course they're sitting at a table full of food :innocent: Hmm...I don't like the poses or the b/w. Not a fan of this.

I think it's a nice cover. I don't actually know any of the cover models, but they all look very glamorous. Seems like this will at least be an interesting issue.

bummer, I thought it was the other Candice :lol:

It looks good. I'm just glad he wasn't typical and got Crystal into this, great body, news everyday, yeah, but she doesn't have a pretty face. These girls look like they do, esp. the girl on the right (Robyn?).

Thanks for clearing that up, someone posted the cover in Candice's S. thread. :lol:

I think it's a great cover..certainly one that will resonate years after...there's something very painterly and classical about the image and also provocative-i think it's in that the combination of food and understated sexuality...there are women wearing lingerie, eating..yet that's not the first thing I notice when I look at the image. The cover shot has a lot of layers...and depth. All three of the models have strong presence. Really like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understated sexuality? With their breasts hanging out and legs spread?

Understated sexuality? With their breasts hanging out and legs spread?

I think it's actually pretty sensual, breasts and open legs don't automatically equal sex..but i guess when you're a teenage boy :P

Last edited by a moderator:
And of course they're sitting at a table full of food :innocent: Hmm...I don't like the poses or the b/w. Not a fan of this.

A restuarant setting combined with a table full of food. That is indeed a very strange and uncommon combination.

I love the mood of the cover. I few years ago I would be annoyed by the fact that the models are high fashion unknowns, but now I'm older :smile:(), I don't mind.

Is this shot in that LA cafe where Meisel photographed eds/campaigns before?

Love it. Absolutely luxurious and sensual at the same times. It reminds me of the Shana Zadrick stories with Meisel, plus a little Robyn McIntosh thrown in for good measure. :heart:

Steven Meisel shot Tara Lynn, Candice Huffine, and Robyn Lawley in black and white, marking the first time plus-size models have graced the magazine's cover since the days of Sophie Dahl, circa 2000.

fashionologie

Hmm.. I heard a rumor that Agyness Deyn was on the months covers so I had high hopes and this just doesn't exceed them at all. It's a bit of a fail.

the theme of the cover is nice somehow, but i wish they had chosen other models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->