Vogue Italia June 2012 : Isabella Rossellini by Steven Meisel

Reaction score
covergiugno2012vogueita.jpg

vogue.it

Oh wow this is so bad. What is it with them in naming their cover stars. Last time there was this "Linda Evangelista" in a very horrible font, now this "Isabella Rosellini" in a very horrid font. This looks so dated. The "Feeling Good" text would`ve saved the cover but her name there ruins it so much.

I like that Vogue Italia always come with the unexpected. She does look like she's feeling good, nice cover for her.

I never get her appeal, and I'm sure Ill never do after this cover

I thought I was in the Vintage Magazines forum and just closed the tab without even looking twice at this. This is so outdated. I must say she looks quite nice but everything else about this is horrible. The light, the colors, the frumpy styling. I agree that this is the worst VI cover of the year so far (and I haven't liked any of the other ones either!).

hum... I heuuuu ok seriously: Isabella Rosellini was/is still a great actress, she used to grace several covers of Vogue Italia when she was modeling, she was clearly someone with a different figure, personality and she wasn't the tipical runway high fashion model, but she has had a career in fashion and has done high fashion jobs so in a way she isn't misplaced being on the cover of a fashion magazine (if it's for the age issue for example) or on Vogue Italia. However, I just don't get why she is relevant now or why instead of a high fashion young model, we have her. I don't know what to think. Is this Meisel's funny take on the Vogue's health initiative and he thinks or Franca thinks that "healthy" means someone older and who isn't a model or something? I don't understand the cover, it's not that it's bad or ugly, I don't get the appeal and I don't like the fonts or the coloring of the photo. Also last month's cover with Evangelista (and the disastrous gifs' inside editorial) had a bad printed quality cover in real life when I had the mag in my hands (yeah I still bought it because it was Linda) but it seems that this one will have the same issue. I don't know what else to say. Just waiting for the other editorial features to say more I guess, coz I'm stunt like everybody else.

Never thought I'd say this but give it up Meisel!

The picture on the cover actually looks a bit blurry.

You shoot Isabella Rossellini and you do.. THIS? Are you kidding me me?

The picture on the cover actually looks a bit blurry.
You should see the May cover irl, now that is what I call blurry. As for this cover...the only thing I can say is that I didn't purchase last month's issue for the first time in two years, and it looks like I won't be purchasing this either.

i understand how they thought of sticking to something soft and classic, seeing as this is an icon they're putting on the cover but come on VI, you could do so much better than this. this is seriously unattractive.

and if cover blurbs worked as repellants that Feeling Good line would keep everyone off the magazine section in a bookstore.

^ If only it looked like 1992 Meisel, tbh. If only.

It looks like an outtake from a Peter Lindbergh shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->