Vogue Italia June 2012 : Isabella Rossellini by Steven Meisel

Boring! It doesn't look like Vogue Italia at all, such a shame :ninja:

this looks like a photo you'd see on the back of a cook book.

I'm so excited seeing Isabella on the cover and can't wait to see the editorial with her, Donna and the others! Do I wish they had done something more glamorous and typical, maybe, but "unexpected" is one of Vogue's strengths and they delivered!

Yes, I agree that it's quite cheesy :huh: But I'm happy to see Isabella, it feels lovely to see that after all these years Meisel still admires her.

Very 90s but still don´t like this, it looks like a candid with a pocket camera...

One of the most elegant and refined faces to ever grace fashion. EVER. This woman is a legend in every sense of the word and it pleases me that she is on the cover of Vogue Italia, who better to represent the spirit of Italian beauty in all its glory.

I could go on and on and on but I am going to wait until the full editorial is out. The cover is not bad, it simply doesn't look like a Vogue Italia cover in the sense of what we've come to expect. It isn't edgy, it isn't pushing an unsubtle piece of off the runway attire that no one outside of the industry would ever wear, it isn't perfect or any of that. To me this is like a beautiful, happy portrait you would take of a dear friend and I appreciate that.

I just love Isabella. I am so biased, I can't even hide it.

I actually thought it was Roseanne Barr and Meisel had made her look amazing...but it's Isabella Rossellini and Meisel made her look like Roseanne Barr.

here's the article from vogue.it

Donna Mitchell, Lauren Helm, Susan Forristal, Carolyn Murphy and Guinevere Van Seenus: these are the fantastic women, models from the past and the present, who are the protagonists of Steven Meisel's fashion story for the next issue of Vogue Italia that will have an exceptional cover girl, the actress Isabella Rossellini.

An important issue as it marks a strong and decisive change linked to the Health Initiative. No less than nineteen managing editors of the international editions of Vogue have in fact decided to adhere to this pact with view to a healthier approach as regards the image of the body given by the fashion industry and the June issue of Vogue Italia is the first to carry out this philosophy.

The Health Initiative campaign is a project aimed at protecting models, who for many women represent an ideal to follow and imitate, so that they are encouraged and supported in taking care of themselves, facing all the burning issues, such as health and diet, that afflict the world of fashion. A revolutionary step forward therefore, but a necessary and certainly very positive one not just for the models themselves, but also for all women across the world. Barbara Sini

Keeping body and mind in shape is the most therapeutic and effective relaxation there is. A formula with magic results. As the excellent witnesses photographed by Steven Meisel explain.

“Wellness, for me, means being first of all in good physical shape and the proverbial to have something up top is essential too” Isabella Rossellini

“My mantra is mens sana in corpore sano, because physical wellbeing without the spiritual and emotional kind does not exist” Donna Mitchell

“I have my own particular way of relaxing and keeping in shape, by doing aerial circus, I climb on one or two silk ropes and I do acrobatic exercises” Lauren Helm

“I discovered yoga Ivengar, that taught me to strengthen my body by minimizing risks” Susan Forristal

“As a woman and as a mother I lash out against the obsession with the scales of young models: it is the wrongest idea to give to little girls like mine” Carolyn Murphy

“Fashion is not the only sector in which attention must be given to weight. There is nothing wrong about wanting to keep in shape, but the emphasis on girls who are not yet developed is wrong and unrealistic” Guinevere Van Seenus

Always beautiful! A radiant Isabella Rossellini is the embodiment of verve and joie de vivre. A glowing complexion thanks to a veil of Diorskin Nude Tan, ambre 002, a poudre de soleil that endows the face with a natural and bright effect tan. For the eyes, a wonderful mascara such as Diorshow New Look, new look black, that multiplies the volume, lash after lash. Lastly, for the lips, a touch of good mood with Rouge Sérum, carmin cristal, more than just a lipstick: a sublime alliance between treatment, brightness and color, with SPF 20. All by Dior.

Oversize cashmere coat, sweater, leather collar with perforated trim and dickey, Louis Vuitton. Brooch Prada. Hair Guido for Redken. Maquillage Pat McGrath for Dolce & Gabbana The Make Up. Manicure Jin Soon Choi for Jin Soon Natural Hand & Foot Spa. Fashion editor Karl Templer.

This month’s issue of Vogue Italia will be on newsstands on June 4 in Milan and shortly after in the rest of Italy.

she's almost the spitting image of her mom.

VI really churns out quite the unexpected these days. i hope the editorial is good somewhat because, while the whole concept could've been interesting, the overall execution is just, dare i say lazy?

I really liked last month's cover, it was awkward, but there's always something a little off about VI that I like. This month, it's not just a little off, but WAY off. I was so excited when I read the title because I typically love Isabella Rossellini in images but not this.

Is it just me who finds the cover good? I mean, I personally think that it's nice. Not that really elegant cover where you associate Isabella Rossellini et al. I honestly expected a great cover when I first read the thread title cause it's been like a hell lot of years since Isabella graced the cover.

The cast seems promising indeed. Can't wait to see my girls Carolyn and Guinevere. :smile:

The worst Vogue June cover, ever worse than Korea... Actually it looks very amateurish :yuk:

A cosa stavi pensando Franca?

This cover screams Vogue Germany to me. It's too bad because Isabella looks very beautiful here, but this cover is not doing her justice.

if I didn't know it's Isabella, I'd think it's one of these lame fake magazine covers you can make with your own picture on certain sites, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->