Vogue Italia May 2023 : Bella Hadid by Carlijn Jacobs

Id love you see more models, I’m tired of the Hadids and Jenner

After seeing so many pictures of her when she was younger and hadn't work done yet, it's impossible for me to look at her now and think her look is even more fake than other fashion images.

i liket it. But it seems there's no more space for new models on the vogue covers.. Vogue Italia and Paris every season used to put new girls and make them relevant and it girls: Luna, Anna E, Vittoria, Rianne, Grace, Rebecca etc... The time is gone, poor models... Would be nice to see the new girls: Mila, Loli, Steinberg , Aylah, Lulu etc

It reminds me of le « Nouveau Commencement » VP’s cover but less impactful.
Bella here is playing « the model » instead of modeling…I’m not into it.

I really don’t think that Bella or Gigi are versatile. Bella can do full on glamour. That’s her thing.

Wow i really like this! Fresh and iconic at the same time.
Iconic? It was release less than 24h ago….

i liket it. But it seems there's no more space for new models on the vogue covers.. Vogue Italia and Paris every season used to put new girls and make them relevant and it girls: Luna, Anna E, Vittoria, Rianne, Grace, Rebecca etc... The time is gone, poor models... Would be nice to see the new girls: Mila, Loli, Steinberg , Aylah, Lulu etc

I truly do not miss the era of Rianne being in the cover of VP like 3 times a year.

After seeing so many pictures of her when she was younger and hadn't work done yet, it's impossible for me to look at her now and think her look is even more fake than other fashion images.

What an outdated point of view. All this 'fake' talk is getting so tired. It's not fake, she got her face done and that's her reality now. There's nothing fake about it, it's just a different face. We live in the day and age where something like that is possible, it's a valid option for anyone who feels unhappy with their appearance and has the money to afford it. I never understood why people get so triggered by people who get their faces done, especially celebrities who are literally pressured into perfection by us (the society). People constantly work on their appearance through gyms, men pump their muscles with steroids and what not for quick gains but you'll never hear anything but praise for that. When women work on their appearance through quick cosmetic touch-ups, they're fake. I mean... make it make sense. She's gorgeous, let her live! She certainly wouldn't have had the same levels of success if she didn't get her face done early on. There's a reason people are so obsessed with her nowadays, and it's not her personality.

Anyway, she's gorgeous and this is kind of taking me back to some better times regarding magazines. It's a good cover but I really dislike the editorial, it's all over the place and it makes no sense, the images aren't captivating at all.

Far from the legendary VI, but so ahead to the infamous recent period. Francesca is doing a good job most of the time.

the cover is not great.
her expression is more of a dead stare and she looks (?) photoshopped into the background.
the editorial is no better apart from the black and white shot. it’s all random.
where’s the story??

I like Bella, but I feel like this is something the Asian market exceeds at, and this is like a lesser copy.

I truly do not miss the era of Rianne being in the cover of VP like 3 times a year.
Neither do I, Rianne got way enough spotlight and coverage, was everywhere at some moment and is still booking high-end stuff nowadays.

What I find slightly sad is how every season brings its bunch of newcomers including some really great models of color we don't see much after the show season is over. Those would be some of the models I'd enjoy to see more often in editorials and on covers. And I don't even mention models who aren't walking the shows because they are still considered too small or too curvy by most. I think modeling is mostly a matter of having a unique face and natural skills, it's getting more diverse every year and that's a great thing but not enough for my taste when you still get these Bella & co covers and some people here complaining about it asking for Rianne instead.

love the colors and the last shot of the ed is quite amazing. overall, good job and I might get a copy!

this editorial is so reminiscent *cough copied cough*of 90’ eds :meow:

It’s not bad, compared to the usual 3rd-rate filler content that’s become Italia fodder these days. Carlijn’s produced way better shoots than this. If I’m feeling generous— and the goodwill is towards Carlijn cuz Bella’s same old same old Bella, this sort of imagery has a David LaChapelle vibe, tho it’s more unfinished, still-working-out-the-lighting, test-shot with drag costumes and starring Amanda Lepore kind of vibe… Eh…

Bella is really pulling a 90s story here. She emotes like a super.

Neither do I, Rianne got way enough spotlight and coverage, was everywhere at some moment and is still booking high-end stuff nowadays.

What I find slightly sad is how every season brings its bunch of newcomers including some really great models of color we don't see much after the show season is over. Those would be some of the models I'd enjoy to see more often in editorials and on covers. And I don't even mention models who aren't walking the shows because they are still considered too small or too curvy by most. I think modeling is mostly a matter of having a unique face and natural skills, it's getting more diverse every year and that's a great thing but not enough for my taste when you still get these Bella & co covers and some people here complaining about it asking for Rianne instead.
We live in the day and age where something like that is possible, it's a valid option for anyone who feels unhappy with their appearance and has the money to afford it.

Well that’s exactly the reason people are obsessed with discussing this isn’t it - the unaffordability of it for most people. What we have now is an elite group of people projecting beauty standards which will never be attainable to the average person because they lack the means to achieve it.

With Bella’s career as a model there is also a second layer because modelling was based primarily on natural beauty or at least somewhat before small tweaks. It gave lots of women from underprivileged backgrounds the chance to change their lives based on looks and luck. Now rich girls a la Kendall and Bella can get surgery and snap up those jobs based on their new faces and inherited social capital. I think it makes sense why people are annoyed about it and won’t stop being. Especially when no one wants to admit that their wealth has a direct correlation with their success whether that’s through connections or bought looks.

but anyway I see why people are bringing up the fakeness of this cover over all. It just doesn’t work. It’s like they latched onto AI as a buzzword then tried to make this editorial edgy with no coherence. Bella deserved better than this

VI doesn't have an EIC anymore right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->