Vogue Italia November 2009 : Rianne ten Haken by Steven Meisel

I've been waiting for this to drop. I have to say that the cover is completely different from what I pictured but I'm enjoying it and the editorial. I am not entirely sure of Meisel's exact intention but I'm reminded of the film Safe with Julianne Moore. From Rianne's red hair to the whole idea of the air itself being somewhat precious or toxic / protecting oneself from chemicals via those full body suits. I'm sure this is inspired by a film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rianne, again?! i don't mind actually, the cover is great so it works for me.

^I definitely see the Safe reference as well. Or it could just be a commentary on swine flu :lol:! I think Meisel could have taken the idea further though. The styling and the concept just don't work together in my opinion. I find the background models and props more interesting than anything, which is not a good thing.

The cover is alright; nothing too exciting. It doesn't really look like a VI cover to me. I don't know if it's the text, but there is a very W vibe to it. I do love Rianne's flaming red hair though.

^i think it's the other way around. Meghan was on the Oct. cover while she and Coco were on the Nov. cover. :smile:

I has also happened last year. November cover girls were Toni Garrn & Katrin Thormann and December was Katrin alone.

Impressive Rianne, looks like she's on fire!
Vogue Italia really wants her back, for my biggest pleasure i have to say!!!! Yes!

Great cover! I'm so happy Rianne scored another Vogue cover.

Something about her and this ed is simply mesmerizing.
Totally love it.

This is one of the best Meisel's cover I've ever seen. Thanks.

Oh I love this and can't believe Rianne got another cover......but well chuffed for her.:D It looks like it is something like a disco comic:woot: Like the editorial too.
Thanks for posting:flower:

The cover and editorial look stunning, and I'm glad for Rianne (again)! I wonder what's going on with Meisel though, why the sudden Rianne revival? Not that it's a bad thing, the models he used to work with back in 2002-2005 were a lot better than those he works with now (save a few exceptions)

Nice but exest photoshop

Love the cover and I love the edit...the shot of Rianne in Balenciaga is gorgeous.
why the sudden Rianne revival? Not that it's a bad thing, the models he used to work with back in 2002-2005 were a lot better than those he works with now (save a few exceptions)
Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed. I've always considered Meisel's best work his 2002-2005 period. The man is an amazing photographer, but he truly shines when he works with strong, extremely talented models, and we've been lacking those kind of girls over the past few years, so I like it that he returns to his old favorites once and while.

Plus, I just love a good comeback...especially when it's a model I loved when they were first around. Now, if only Steven would bring back Elise Crombez in a major way, I'd be one happy camper.

Rianne? AGAIN? The cover is a bit :ermm:, But the ed is great.:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->