Vogue Italia November 2009 : Rianne ten Haken by Steven Meisel

The first and fifth picture, what a weird face :shock: In the beauty ed, I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beauty
Photo: Emma Summerton
Model: ?

Scanned by me.

Melodie Dagault, Hanna Rundlof, Alexa Yudina and Janete Friedrich

They all look amazing, especially Alexa :crush:
THanks a lot Diciasette :heart:

What can I say. The Air Supply editorial is probably the best of the year. I don't care what ASF says, I LOOOOVE VI November issues :lol::heart:

^ you're welcome :flower:^_^

I love Air Supply too... This is totally what I love in Meisel's compositions, disturbing, complex, sophisticated, familiar and strange at the same time :heart:

i'll get the magazine. for the main editorial + cover.
really love it !!!!

MA Sauvé just proves amazing stuff !!
not really sure her role at VP allowed her to style very (italian) sexy. but this is sooo right.
all the game with textures, lines, plissés, floral print, sex, access. etc. is I LOVE !

eventhough the photo capture what it needs. i'm not sure the scenario has sense.
someone said steven klein there. and it indeed reminds his work. especially that epic environmental shot he did for Uomo Vogue in 2005-2006.

but love it !

Thank you (I thought that was the same model :blush::P...)

I didn' t write in the review that there' s also an article about Irving Penn, with 3 b/w pics taken from VI archives.

Thank you Diciassette(17:(flower:

OOh...The Penn article must be sensational!

Ooh sounds great Diciassette. Thank God for the Beauty and Amanda ed, I think they convinced me to get this issue.

The Beauty ed is distinctive Patti Wilson...that's why I love it so much, together with Emma she's producing some beautiful work! Reminds me a bit of the Cate Blanchett US Vogue story where she was wearing 'medieval' Dior couture in US Vogue.

Thanks to you Ms. 17 as always :flower:

i'm the only one who finds this issue so dull apart from the cover then

They all look amazing, especially Alexa :crush:
THanks a lot Diciasette :heart:

it's nice to see Patti being fond of Janete. first Rad Hourani casting, now VI... wonderful edit.

Thank you (I thought that was the same model :blush::P...)

I didn' t write in the review that there' s also an article about Irving Penn, with 3 b/w pics taken from VI archives.

who are the models in the deisel advertorial? :unsure:

i think lara, roversi and edward enninful are all talented enough to do something great together, i don't know what happened, but there's something off... the concept is cliché but nice, and the different hair colours are nice too, but all in all, it didn't work. the presence of a cigarette in every shot didn't help very much either - i have nothing against cigarettes in fashion eds, i think they're quite photogenic actually, but to use one in every single shot (or almost) you have to make it interesting, and in this ed it seems rather gratuitous... it's too 'strike-a-pose', if you get i mean....
air supply is very nice though. i see the steven klein resemblance, but i think it's still very steven meisel - more meisel than klein. and the concept seems more intelligent than many of his recent works.
too bad vogue italia is SO expensive here... i can't buy it just for an 11-shots ed.

lara editorial just dont look classical it looks more kitch thanks to her, cause c`mon we all know what she has very unclassical face, proportions and she can`t be called classical beauty. and afterall if you`re doing something classical -you dont have any variations: there should be face, make-up, clothes, everything very strictly and tell me please if someone has bleached eyebrows then, back in 1950? way too much colours and less cannonicity

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->