Vogue Italia November 2019 : Florence Hutchings by David Sims

Sad, sad ,sad....how they dare to print this?....im sure Farneti don't even see this before printing....VI needs new direction ASAP...honestly i prefer ten thousand times GB's work....

CSK_2619_0144.jpg

Christies.com

This cover would make a perfect part of Scott King’s 2006 project called “how I’d sink American vogue”- a collection of 12 covers from the editor, who supposedly replaced Anna Wintour and gradually rolls into stages of drug and alcohol delirium, which is reflected in each subsequent cover
This cover is somewhere Between 11th and 12th

Christies.com

This cover would make a perfect part of Scott King’s 2006 project called “how I’d sink American vogue”- a collection of 12 covers from the editor, who supposedly replaced Anna Wintour and gradually rolls into stages of drug and alcohol delirium, which is reflected in each subsequent cover

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I never knew about this project, but it's a cool idea. I'd put this VI cover somewhere in the area of 7-8. Speaking of cover 8, I can actually see something like that being an actual cover one of these days. lol

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I never knew about this project, but it's a cool idea. I'd put this VI cover somewhere in the area of 7-8. Speaking of cover 8, I can actually see something like that being an actual cover one of these days. lol
Let’s say we had them all by 2019 tbh

Christies.com

God, I would give up the entire 2010-2020 Vogue collection for the first three covers here. Absolutely perfect!!

So they had Irina but made THIS the cover? Ok.

The covershot is actually the best shot from that entire story. The story is really that awful (and obnoxious, insufferable, pretentious but hollow…)

The rest of the stories aren’t any better (Jackie Nickerson’s looks like a lookbook effort…) Everything just looks like those by-submission indie digital ‘zines that have been out there since 2010. Not that those are all awful— just that they’re clearly amateur, and produced by students still in art school still with much to learn. When a Vogue-- and not just any Vogue, but Vogue Italia, is ripping off this brand of amateur-aesthetic, it’s all so counterproductive and grinds the high fashion presentation to a dead halt: It's truly end of days for fashion magazines. What is the point of Vogue going faux-indie and charging for it, when the real thing is out there for free???? This issue is the perfect reason why magazines as we know it are dying…

(And the accompanying L”UOMO isn’t any better. It looks like those generic airline magazines.

Once the height of what high fashion vision is for men and women-- now resembles faux-indie desktop 'zine and any given airline rag... :sigh:...)

Dance Vision

Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Joe McKenna
Hair: Paul Hanlon
Makeup: Hiromi Ueda
Manicure: Ama Quashie
Cast: Florence Hutchings (cover only), Emily O'Donnell, Grace Sharp, Esther, June, Jasmine, Kasper Kapica, Laura D, Nico, Peter, Craig Povey

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Voice It

Photographer: Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Set Design: Jabez Bartlett
Stylist: Emilie Kareh
Hair: Cyndia Harvey
Makeup: Daniel Sallstrom
Manicure: Ama Quashie
Cast: Grace Elizabeth

Utopia

Art: Alison Zuckerman

Stance

Photographer: Jackie Nickerson
Stylist: Charlotte Collet
Hair: Soichi Inagaki
Makeup: Lotten Holmqvist
Cast: Natasha Poly

Riccardo Tisci

Photographer: Bruno Staub
Stylist: Francesca Ragazzi
Hair: Melissa Lepeyre
Makeup: Karin Westerlund
Cast: Riccardo Tisci, Irina Shayk, Noah Landes, Juno Karaga

Make Noise: Nights Like These

Photographer: Alexander Guirkinger
Stylist: Georgia Tal
Hair: Laurent Philippon
Makeup: Marie Duhart
Cast: Nicole Atieno, Tessa Bruinsma

I don't know, it's always felt that they're trying too hard. Every. Single. Issue.

^ Maybe because most of them are stylists for Pop and should just be far from VI.

There is not a single time through all these editorials that made me feel I was reading VI. Honestly I would do anything to get ADR as an EIC.

LOVE Natasha's ed! Can we get multicovers, please?

Every bit of this is ugly. Even 'Utopia' which had an opportunity to rise, looks ugly.
On the positive, golden award to Grace Elizabeth for not looking run down in that run down editorial.

The David Sims editorial looks like something Ryan McGinley would do better.

They had Natasha Poly, Irina Shayk and Grace Elizabeth and yet not even those gorgeous talents couldn't save this godforsaken magazine. It's hopeless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->