Vogue Italia November 2020 : Alex Andrews & Georgia Palmer by David Sims

Georgia's cover is better.

The content is decent and is a lot better than their usual pretentious and unimaginative content. However, I forgot that I was in a Vogue Italia thread. All these felt like Vogue Paris - from the main editorial down to Edie's feature. That speaks a lot about VI's identity imo

Finally some editorial work for Mona, other then I-D. This honestly looks more suited for I-D.

I guess we will see more Mona in different Vogues as she turns 18 and could be allowed to work for them.

The cover with Alex Andrews takes me back to the time we had Franca and Meisel, and it would've been one of those months, for me, where the cover didn't make me jump for joy but it was Vogue Italia and Meisel, so I was deludedly happy. It's just... OK.

Out the two, Georgia Palmer's cover is the strongest, love the cropping, the minimal styling and how you're commanded by Georgia's presence and expression. A total non-event of two covers, and neither make me want to make a purchase, however (despite my liking of the Sims and Sion stories).

^^^ And that's being kind. It's very pointless/directionless/aimless imagery; very desktop-publishing looking issue.

From the feature stories, to the ad spreads, and the fashions stories, everything looks so… instantly forgettable. I can’t imagine anyone interested in fashion would want to look through these so bland imagery twice, let alone the casual reader.

Vogue Italia November 2020

Adut's Beauty

Photographer & Stylist: Rasharn Agyemang
Hair: Amidat Giwa
Makeup: Hiromi Ueda
Cast: Adut Akech

Vogue Italia Digital Edition

Vogue Italia November 2020

Monica's Beauty

Photographer: Sebastian Faena
Stylist: Sofia Archaval
Hair: John Nollett
Makeup: Letitia Carnevale
Cast: Monic Bellucci, Emanuele De Lorenzo

Vogue italia Digital Edition

Adut’s editorial is beyond gorgeous and I also like Monica’s a lot too!! both are great!

I prefer Gerogia's cover and her editorial, good but nothing new. Another one cover is truly boring

Adut's editorial is amazing. Monica is amazing ever and I really like Mona's editorial.

I really love the second cover. Is always in my head because reminds me of to the old VI. I hope a better 2021. Please, no more gimmicks Mr. Farneti. Just fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->