Vogue Italia September 2011 : Stella Tennant by Steven Meisel

Great cover! Love the styling & colors.

she reminds me of the Duchess of Windsor - very stylish indeed!
Wallis Windsor was the first thing that popped in my mind too!it's probably the jet black hair and the hairstyle overall.I actually thing it was intended.
Back on the cover,i LOVE it!it's one of this Semptember's best imo

^Apparently the inspiration for the cover and the ed was Ethel Granger,a woman who wore corsets so tight,her waist reached 33cms.

^ Okay that makes sense:

tumblr_llkgiwGVIJ1qfcvkoo1_250.jpg

amortaldothapproach.blogspot.com

^Apparently the inspiration for the cover and the ed was Ethel Granger,a woman who wore corsets so tight,her waist reached 33cms.

That would explain pretty much and actually gives you another view on the cover. I think I'm liking it more now.

oh,you're right!just saw you actually wrote about it previously.The hair and make up though are more Wallis than Ethel

^Aww :o
I don't hate the cover, but I don't like it either. It's OK and I'm glad for Stella. Hope the content is good and I'm so excited about the couture supplement (that maybe will have Frida, Jac, and Kristina S as protagonists :woot: )

every vogue should have a couture supplement, wouldn't that be fabulous??!

The couture supplement is the section I treasure, although flicking through some former issues, a part of me will always be sad that the vintage years of supermodels wearing true Valentino over fifty pages of advertorial splendour are over... but each year brings its own delights.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Ethel Granger reference is really evident which is amazing. ^_^

This cover has left me floored. I haven't seen such an amazing cover from Vogue Italia in a long time. It's strange, gothic and definitely striking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duchessadellamoda
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->